Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi moderators, I just seccessfully signed up yesterday as a new member, but there was a trouble. On my first attempt to sign up, I did not click on the box of "receiving email from moderators" (or something like that), and I did not receive a verification email. Then I tried again, but with a different new username and email (sadly the old ones don't work even though the verification was not successful), and clicked on the box this time. Then I received an email and finally signed up successfully. So, you won't receive even the verification email if you don't click on that box?!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi,

There is a mis-configuration with the site, most likely DNS related, that make the password emails very, very flaky. I doubt it is because you didn't tick that box.

Regards,
Henrik

·
Administrator
5,087 Posts
Hi,

There is a mis-configuration with the site, most likely DNS related, that make the password emails very, very flaky. I doubt it is because you didn't tick that box.
Not quite right ... read on:

. . . So, you won't receive even the verification email if you don't click on that
box?!
Exactly ... joining the forum requires the reading and acceptance of the Guidelines and Terms of Service.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts