Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Captain - He just wrote several different sketches. They're not connected to each other. IOW, the pauses between each sketch is not intended to be part of the actual flow. But it brings up a very important point; namely asking people to listen to sketches is a bad idea. Only a teacher should contend with such a thing. IOW, posting such here is a waste.

·
Registered
7,529 Posts
Captain - He just wrote several different sketches. They're not connected to each other. IOW, the pauses between each sketch is not intended to be part of the actual flow. But it brings up a very important point; namely asking people to listen to sketches is a bad idea. Only a teacher should contend with such a thing. IOW, posting such here is a waste.
Thanks for the information Vasks.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I think it's understandable to seek some kind of feedback on sketches / fragments / snippets of ideas for a symphony.

As a neo-classical symphony, from what I could hear (and it's badly distorted - watch your levels) it sounds like it could be turned into something interesting in that vein. I don't know in the end how distinct it would sound from many extant symphonies from the classical era.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts