Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! So it must be said first that I’m not a musician, but I’m studying music on my own and this is a “training” project I wanted to share 🙂
By "training" I mean that it's just a mean to do something and practise what I've learned, and that I'm not too serious about it, even though I'm quite satisfied with it at the moment. If you have comments/criticism please let me know since it can be very helpful to me!

As said, the music is based on the themes of a videogame, if you know it you’ll certainly recognize it but if you don’t it doesn’t matter... I've called it "symphony" for some different reasons, including that it should resemble one in the structure when ended: it will have 4 movements, etc, but I don't want to be too strict with the definition musically, I've simply taken some symphonies I know as a model to sketch the structure of this piece. Right know I've only completed movement I that is available above.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Fun project! I applaud your creativity. There is a whole "8-bit music" movement where people are transcribing normal music for video game-style synthesizer voices. I guess that sort of thing is comforting for gamers who grew up in front of an Atari console.

Your symphony, it seems to be, could benefit from some more realistic voices or even real instruments. It's a lot more sophisticated than its sounds. I'm glad you didn't fall into the trap of repeating video game "music" too slavishly because with a few exceptions it's hardly symphony-quality.

Anyway, I'm anxious to hear movements 2-4.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts