Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several members have alerted us that the site's main page https://www.talkclassical.com is still not accessible and that they have to come here in roundabout ways. Several others (including the moderators team) have no problem whatsoever. Today I tried it myself with four browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Vivaldi), logged in or not, and had no issues.

We understand that people need to use the full URL: https://www.talkclassical.com AND have cookies enabled ... TC must be allowed to have cookies downloaded in order to operate correctly. When one logs off TC those cookies are removed automatically. If you are doing this, and you still cannot get through to the main page, could you please post here? It would be helpful if you include the browser you're using, just in case.

It might give us a better picture of the problem. Thanks.

·
Administrator
5,107 Posts
I have no problem getting the opening page, it's the inability to use "show all unread posts" that annoys me. I use Firefox.
Hi Mike,

The "show all unread posts" is part of the search function, which had to be turned off temporarily.
It's great to know there are users who are not experiencing any issues getting the opening page.

No problems with the opening page for me either. Win 7, Professional, 64 Bit, Firefox v97.0

·
Registered
12,427 Posts
Hi Mike,

The "show all unread posts" is part of the search function, which had to be turned off temporarily.
It's great to know there are users who are not experiencing any issues getting the opening page.

No problems with the opening page for me either. Win 7, Professional, 64 Bit, Firefox v97.0
I have no problems getting to the main page - but not having the New Posts link has had a deleterious effect on the forum's functionality and enjoyment. Hopefully the promised return of it "soon" will occur sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I am sometimes denied access to the main page, instead, I sometimes get an "account suspended" notice. Edit: Actually I can access it on my phone. So the issue likely is at least partly on my end.

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
I always get the dreaded "Account Suspended" whenever I click on Forum when logged in, or whenever I go to Log In on the Internet. I have found, obviously, workarounds but I think the problem originates within TC (just a guess) as others report it also.

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
Uh … never mind. My problem seems to have worked itself out when I got to the site by a circuitous route and then asked that the log in portal remember me.

I too get nothing but the "Account suspended" page when I try to log in to TC. I got here by the google query: "What happened to talk classical .com" and reaching a thread from 2018 about an attack on the site.

I'm using the latest version of Firefox (or Safari when that doesn't yield results) and the complete URL when I attempt to log in. I haven't changed any preference about accepting cookies. When I press the "forum" button from this thread I get the account suspended page.

I've found that I can navigate around the site once I get here as long as I never press the "forum" button. That and that alone always leads to the account suspended page.

Reactions: Strange Magic

·
Administrator
5,107 Posts
. . . as long as I never press the "forum" button. That and that alone always leads to the account suspended page.
Hmmm ... I am not able to replicate that issue. When I press the 'forum' button I am directed to the main page.

There is nothing special about my log in ... I log in the same way everyone else does.

·
Registered
12,427 Posts
I always get the dreaded "Account Suspended" whenever I click on Forum when logged in, or whenever I go to Log In on the Internet. I have found, obviously, workarounds but I think the problem originates within TC (just a guess) as others report it also.
Uh … never mind. My problem seems to have worked itself out when I got to the site by a circuitous route and then asked that the log in portal remember me.

I too get nothing but the "Account suspended" page when I try to log in to TC. I got here by the google query: "What happened to talk classical .com" and reaching a thread from 2018 about an attack on the site.

I'm using the latest version of Firefox (or Safari when that doesn't yield results) and the complete URL when I attempt to log in. I haven't changed any preference about accepting cookies. When I press the "forum" button from this thread I get the account suspended page.

I've found that I can navigate around the site once I get here as long as I never press the "forum" button. That and that alone always leads to the account suspended page.
I only get the Account Suspended message when I try accessing the site on my Windows PC. Using my iMac, I never have any trouble.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts