Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What hobbies do you have, guys? What do you besides music?

For myself, life IS art: music, painting, drawing, writing....when i don't do this, i must study...

Travelling is also great, though i didn't have the time to come around much...but mountains (Alps) and sea (north and east sea) are one of my greatest memories.

-Daniel

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have a lot of hobbies. I read almost daily. Reading replaces tv in my life. I love to cook and eat new foods (don't we all.) I'm very outdoorsy. I just got back from a camping trip actually. I also like to hike and canoe. I'm active in my church. I'm really into science and current events.

My newest hobby is a saltwater reef tank. It's been keeping me very busy. And of course, I chase around a toddler all day!

·
Registered
333 Posts
......My newest hobby is a saltwater reef tank. It's been keeping me very busy. And of course, I chase around a toddler all day! .....
Saltwater reef tank? Wow... I can imagine all the colours of the fish(or do u have just reef?)...must be really beautiful and relaxing to look at. Looking at water and fish is really relaxing for me, meditative actually. :)

Talking about toddlers.... Oh My! I just had a sleepover with a cranky 6 recently. But the strange thing abt. em is one moment u decided u'd enough of em, yet in a while , u'll start yearning for em all over again. :) KIDS...

·
Registered
534 Posts
I like to do all the stuff Daniel does (fine arts stuff). Also, I like to sleep, play tennis, and drink a big glass of iced tea with lemon in one of those reclining chairs basking in the warm sunny glow of a hot summer's day.

·
Registered
218 Posts
My main hobbies are: composing and playing my instruments, writing (stories, poetry, etc.), and growing fruits and vegetables and all sorts of other plants. I also like drawing and painting a lot and do those sometimes, but I am limited by not enough hours in a day. (!!!) I also enjoy cooking and baking.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Originally posted by DW@Jul 19 2004, 09:58 PM
Saltwater reef tank? Wow... I can imagine all the colours of the fish(or do u have just reef?)...must be really beautiful and relaxing to look at. Looking at water and fish is really relaxing for me, meditative actually. :)
[snapback]82[/snapback]​
We don't have fish, yet. I have some corals that another person with a reef gave me and many invertebrates. My tank is very new. You can check out my homepage, but it's not up-to-date with pictures. Maybe I should work on that tonight...

http://www.geocities.com/becky_rei/BeckyAquariumPage.html

·
Registered
60 Posts
I love fishy and my fav film is Finding Nemo.
Ha! What a combination... But rearing fish ia a hard hobby...they tend to be really sensative to environment and temo and so on, that they die easily. It takes alot of patience and research to take good care of em.
I think the hardest pwt to take care is the goldfish. They die when u don't feed em, and also die when u overfeed em...they can't just stop eating, and also die when the water's dirty...

·
Registered
78 Posts
I like to draw a lot, paint, and model clay into figures hee hee. I love to go shopping(the girl thing) and hang out with my friends...we usually go shopping or take a real long walk doing things...ah hem...that I should not mention. :ph34r:

·
Registered
317 Posts
...outside of Grad. school (in Biology) and driving my kids around to their various activities...

...I'm about 3 classes short of BA in Fine Arts as a Drawing Major (was supposed to be Painting...but it worked out differently)...I'm not active at the moment...no time...but I'll get back to it eventually...however, I tend to wander into every gallery I can manage on my travels...I've done some crafts...but it's not really my thing...just an occasional change of pace...

...horses and riding...we take regular lessons...the older two kids and I are in Basic Dressage...and they also jump...but we're not diehards...we make do with our mishmash of horses and equipment... :p

...pets in general...we have Guinea Pigs, cockatiels, tropical fish and 1 goldfish (two tanks), 2 housecats, 2 dogs (we've shown, both in Conformation and Obed. classes), 3 lizards...and an unstable assortment of barn cats... :lol:

...I read a great deal...was going to be an English major before I went the Fine Arts route...again, not much time to read right now...and if I do it's mainly slick fiction...

...I really enjoy computers (in general) and fun stuff on the web...

...and I've done music at some basic level since I was in Grade 5. Although I'm focused on the violin and viola right now, I can still play the recorder...a very little piano (self-taught to the Grade 2-3 level), and my mandolin (quite well). I'm also involved with my daughter's musical activities and their Band Program...

I love live amateur theatre...we go to the University productions a lot...the students usually do an excellent job with a great variety...

...oh yeah...I love shopping too...too bad I don't have enough money to indulge myself... :p

·
Registered
158 Posts
I read... basically, when I have nothing to read or I am not in the mood, I waste time (computer <_< )

when I am too tired (or sick, head ache...) for even the computer, I just sulk around :mellow:

I can't draw anything <_<

my basic hobby is wasting time apparently :(

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.