Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Hey! I was making a list of things i'd like to recieve for christmas and lately, I haven't bought myself any cd's so I was thinking and I realized that Andrea Bocelli's album AMORE is being released on January 31st!! I'm so excited, he has an amazing voice. I decided to go ahead and pre-order the album because I get a free 8x10 photo!! I have the link if anyone is interested [SPAM removed] ;)

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I agree he has an amazing voice. The best singer in existance at the moment in my opinion! He shines in his recording of Verdi's Requiem.

·
Senior Member (Ret)
5,859 Posts
Hey! I was making a list of things i'd like to recieve for christmas and lately, I haven't bought myself any cd's so I was thinking and I realized that Andrea Bocelli's album AMORE is being released on January 31st!! I'm so excited, he has an amazing voice. I decided to go ahead and pre-order the album because I get a free 8x10 photo!! I have the link if anyone is interested [SPAM removed] ;)
He's got hardly any voice,he's got no technique and you should try to do better.

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
I'm not a fanboy or groupie of the man, but I like his albums with easy listening and crossover songs. I've got one or two myself, it's good music to chill out to. I don't remember hearing his "serious" classical work (eg. in opera), but I'm not a big opera fan in general, it is lowest in the totem poll of my genre preferences, though I don't mind an opera now and then when the mood takes me...

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
He's got hardly any voice,he's got no technique and you should try to do better.
Agreed! I continue to be dumbfounded by this fraud's popularity. I had the misfortune to hear the 'Bocellism' guesting on someone's album over the weekend and was reminded why I detest this blind charlatan so much. The voice is feeble (ever heard him sing without a microphone?), the timbre is grating and erratic (somewhat akin to a cat being castrated without its prior approval) and he can't hold a single note in tune. I wonder if he would have done so well if his cynical marketers hadn't made sure his closed, unseeing eyes were on every CD cover?

I can only assume that those who like the Bocellism haven't really heard a decent tenor. If not, then my flabber is even more ghasted! Pass me the brown paper bag, would you?

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'm not sure whether to be grateful for Bocelli's popularizing of a few arias from a few operas or to detest him for being the only thing that a lot of people know, and think is THE best representation, of, classical music.

And no matter how hard I try I tend to go with the latter.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I'm not sure whether to be grateful for Bocelli's popularizing of a few arias from a few operas or to detest him for being the only thing that a lot of people know, and think is THE best representation, of, classical music.

And no matter how hard I try I tend to go with the latter.
You mean murdering a few arias and passing off semi-pop songs as 'opera'? The guy is hateful. A friend of mine likens the sound of his voice as 'like a bleating goat in pain'. I think she's pretty near the mark. I am all for getting more people to listen to classical music, but people then listen to the Bocellism and think that's it, which does a huge disservice to us all.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Agreed! I continue to be dumbfounded by this fraud's popularity. I had the misfortune to hear the 'Bocellism' guesting on someone's album over the weekend and was reminded why I detest this blind charlatan so much. The voice is feeble (ever heard him sing without a microphone?), the timbre is grating and erratic (somewhat akin to a cat being castrated without its prior approval) and he can't hold a single note in tune. I wonder if he would have done so well if his cynical marketers hadn't made sure his closed, unseeing eyes were on every CD cover?

I can only assume that those who like the Bocellism haven't really heard a decent tenor. If not, then my flabber is even more ghasted! Pass me the brown paper bag, would you?
Blind Charlatan? I get not liking the musician, I'm not a Bocelli fan either, but this is a sadistic comment... I would be ashamed to insult this man in that way!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.