Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
42,890 Posts
Thanks Conte. Then it is worth having for the complete opera, but I think also another bonus is Sonia Ganassi.

Currently listening to Sills' Anna Bolena and likeing it very much.

Just purchased this one (paid more than for the whole Donizetti Sills 3 Queens set which I got for only $10 slightly smoky smelling)
View attachment 81823
For that price one can't be to critical.
A few hours in the backyard and fresh again:tiphat:

· Registered
42,890 Posts
They aired out just fine and I could not complain at the price since the set was going for about $50 used anywhere else. Sutherland's Anna Bolena is well worth the $15.50 shipped it is costing me. I also picked up an English libretto to Anna Bolena the other day for $3 at a used bookstore (and a German/English one for Lohengrin for $4.80), so I can see Anna Bolena looming very large on my horizon alongside Maria Stuarda. Next Roberto Devereux!
You do know you still missing this one:

:tiphat:

· Registered
42,890 Posts
I remember when it was released on CD, but isn't it now out of the catalogue? How does it compare with the live Souliotis recording on Gala?

N.
I would say: stay away from the live recording!!
The beginning is alright but at the end Elena is out of breath and so tired she has to rely on the prompter, you can hear almost every word she says. :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.