Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
158 Posts
I've thought about taking it up, but I only have the time and money for one instrument, and I decided that would be violin. (my entry exam is next month :unsure: )

speaking of the clarinet. if anybody has real player, I have some of the weirdest clarinet playing you'll ever hear. anybody interested pm me.

· Registered
158 Posts
any body care for a discussion of boehm vs. oehler?

I am no authority on the subject because I never touched a clarinet myself.

however, I have heard a boehm, and was not very impressed with the tone (although the player was not professional, it could be his fault), however, I heard an albert, in an old recording, by an old turkish play (turkish=>doesn't care much for tone), it blew me away, even a person who was not classically trained in clarinet, and had no great interest in cultivating beautiful tone, sounded marvellously close to a human voice, on a simple albert clarinet, which could not be of the highest quality.

any experiences on the subject?

· Registered
1,022 Posts
I am also not an expert in this field, but i guess it depends on the repertoie you are playing. Maybe you can't get with one marque baroque elegance but with this clarinet there will be no chance in the fantastic romantique concertos.

· Registered
61 Posts
Killimengri,

I have been play Clarinet before I think it was last year and yes I agree with someone " beautiful instrument. My used Clarinet is Odessey < I can't spelling> it was very nice and I decided it is problem with emborchure with me because I play Bassoon:confused:.

Martin

killimengri said:
I used to play ~ Bb & A (B & H wooden Edgewares) & Bb bass (Noblet) ~ boehm, though I have played on simple system. Not played for 20 years now.

· Registered
27 Posts
I play ... and am writing a new piece for clarinet solo, mostly because our trio had a recital date which was changed without our consent :)

Cheers,
~Karl

· Registered
61 Posts
Clarinet

Hallo everyone,

I have to decided to quit Clarinet:( .................I know it is lovely instrument woodwind. I have to sell Clarinet for £50 for that, I know that. I have to concentrate on Bassoon.

Thank you

Martyn

· Registered
61 Posts
Hi again ,

I decide I come back and play Clarinet for fun, heheheh Sorry waste your time. I know you are curious about me while I decide and choose not comfortable or uncomfortable.

Sorry Guys.

Cheers, Martyn

· Registered
162 Posts
Hello, Fellow Clarinettists!:eek:

Even though Im almost 15 years old, I play the clarinet! Bb clarinet to be exact. I've been playing it for 2 years now and I use a vadoren(france) E11 intermediate model...The clarinet sounds so good with many *personalites*(depending on the music piece being performed). It's also a very versatile instrument with jazz and classical. But then again...Im going to have to learn at least all of the instruments in the orchestra if I want to be a conductor when I go to college.....Anway, I look forward to meeting you all wonderful musicians!;)

4/4player

P.S Musicians will rule the world someday!!!:p

· Registered
15 Posts
I've thought about taking it up, but I only have the time and money for one instrument, and I decided that would be violin. (my entry exam is next month :unsure: )

speaking of the clarinet. if anybody has real player, I have some of the weirdest clarinet playing you'll ever hear. anybody interested pm me.
Though this is 28 months old, I'll comment that clarinet is quite cheap to get into if you're looking for a simple and competent instrument. It would probably be less than two hundred dollars to pick up a student model and have it serviced.

· Registered
162 Posts
Yes, I agree(<----clarinet player myself)... though it may hard at first as a beginner,hehe.
I'd say start with a plastic model from Yamaha(good for beginners)..=)
If you start playing the clarinet, tell me right away!,lol=)

4/4player

· Registered
162 Posts
Robert, I do have a question....I currently play a E11 buffet clarinet...with a B45 Vandoren mouthpiece..should I upgrade to a 5RVLyre Vandoren Mouthpiece? Thanks!
4/4player

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.