Classical Music Forum banner
641 - 651 of 651 Posts

·
Administrator
5,107 Posts
I'd much rather watch a soccer match as opposed to football. For me, football is just plain boring ... they are able to take what should be one hour and turn it into a 4 or 5 hour event ... because they keep stopping the clock during play. The clock rarely stops during a soccer match.

·
Banned
Bernd Alois Zimmermann
595 Posts
I'd much rather watch a soccer match as opposed to football. For me, football is just plain boring ... they are able to take what should be one hour and turn it into a 4 or 5 hour event ... because they keep stopping the clock during play. The clock rarely stops during a soccer match.
I assume you mean gridiron/American football, which I don’t even consider a sport.

It’s basically a bad joke, told between ever increasingly long TV advertisements… Baseball is another awful spectacle. Cricket is a far greater, more intelligent sport than rounders…

·
Registered
Sibelius, Beethoven, Satie, Debussy
1,849 Posts
Great win against England.
Good example for a bad mistake.
Yes, well-deserved. Penalty may have been a bit soft, but still a pen - English pundits complaining that there wasn't enough contact, but James seemed to have his arm well round Nagy.

But then, it's not only about that. From an England point of view, we made little impression, though Bowen was worth his debut cap. Hungary defended well, struck firmly on the counter and were unlucky not to have netted more.

My son has a Hungarian girlfriend and he recently visited Budapest twice. Once for her father's funeral, twice for sightseeing. They live in England - both trained as archaeologists and working on HS2 - and are in the process of buying a house together. So, we now take much interest in things Hungarian!

641 - 651 of 651 Posts