Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know any good sites out there for music symbol meanings? Now that I'm going through new music I'm seeing some stuff that I just don't understand! Some of it I used to know but I don't remember anymore. Some of them I swear I have never seen in my life. There are too many for me to describe right now, but a good link would be a great help.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by daniel@Aug 4 2004, 04:15 AM
I was searching for some sites but haven't found anything good yet, but if i got the site, i will post it immidiately :D
[snapback]1140[/snapback]​
OK, thanks! I was having trouble finding one, too. Maybe I just need to find a good music dictionary.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by daniel@Aug 4 2004, 11:27 AM
Yes quite difficult, what kind of notation exactly, becky? any special genre? Or for what pieces you will need it?
[snapback]1170[/snapback]​
Actually, I'm quite embarassed because I used to know this stuff. But I'll see if you guys can help. I'll write down the ones that are causing me problems. One was a wiggly line aboce the note (not a trill,) maybe a turn? A turn's sort of a one note trill, right? I used to have a music folder with a lot of this info. Such a shame the cardboard didn't hold up :(

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:angry: Most of the pages I found are full of symbols I already know. It's the ones that don't show up all the time that are giving me grief!

Although, I did find a nice one for preschooler's!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.