Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
291 Posts
LibriVox got good section on audio books, plays, short stories. Thanks to volunteers doing for us and special for blind people. I do listening sometimes when I go to bed for an hour to listening I find relaxing and is good therapy. As myself personal I do listening Russian audio books if anybody interesting I can send a link. Many thanks.

· Registered
9,759 Posts
I love audiobooks... I want to hear that Amy Poehler book on audiobook.

Reactions: Posie

· Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good thread idea. I like audiobooks, but get easily frustrated if the readers don't have the talents of world-class actors. I'll be looking forward to recommendations.

One of my favorites: Kenneth Branagh reading Pepys Diary

Frank Muller is my absolute favorite narrator when it comes to fiction. No matter what the book's cultural setting may be, he nails it. It is one of my goals to listen to ALL of his book recordings. He was one of the all-time greats.

Helmet Plant Sky Tree Font
Temple Architecture World Font Landmark

Font Poster Advertising Book cover Brand
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Jaw Organism

· Registered
8,244 Posts
Frank Muller is my absolute favorite narrator when it comes to fiction. No matter what the book's cultural setting may be, he nails it. It is one of my goals to listen to ALL of his book recordings. He was one of the all-time greats.
That's interesting, because I've heard Frank Muller's Moby Dick, and thought it absolutely superb. I didn't know he'd done so many - I'll look into it. Thanks.

· Registered
1,473 Posts
I have an Amazon/Audible subscription where I get a free credit every month (£9). A bargain considering most audiobooks I get cost £30+ normally. Really great for bedtime snoozing, travelling, and anything else too.

My most recent download and my first music related download is Robert Greenberg's How To Listen To And Understand Great Music. 36 hours of very informative (and funny) lectures with extensive musical excerpts. Reminds me of Car Talk, but with music instead of cars.

Musical instrument Violin family String instrument String instrument accessory Font

· Registered
508 Posts
I have an Amazon/Audible subscription where I get a free credit every month (£9). A bargain considering most audiobooks I get cost £30+ normally. Really great for bedtime snoozing, travelling, and anything else too.

My most recent download and my first music related download is Robert Greenberg's How To Listen To And Understand Great Music. 36 hours of very informative (and funny) lectures with extensive musical excerpts. Reminds me of Car Talk, but with music instead of cars.

View attachment 71550
I am a huge fan of Robert Greenberg. Almost all of his great courses are available at Audible. I am half way through them.
Interesting ride.

· Registered
8,030 Posts
I love audiobooks. They keep me entertained while doing house work and during the long bike ride home on the greenway. I use Audible and Librivox, and I also listen to a lot of podcasts while waiting for my Audible credits to build up.

I seldom listen to very intellectual classic stuff however. I'm more interested in cheesy science fiction I've already read decades ago as a teen. Come on, you know you do it too.

· Registered
334 Posts
Thanks for the link. :) I hope they have some good German books. Most of the German language books on Audible.com are BDSM-themed romance novels, and I live with nosey people. :D
I have heard some good Librivox German language readers - Hokuspokus and Carolin come to mind but I've heard some good male readers too. Must be tough on them as Librivox can only record books that are out of copyright (in Europe it lasts for 70 years after the year in which the author died which means, I guess, that many of the German language readers have cope with Fraktur?)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.