Classical Music Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
A few more, although in most cases lead vocal duties were shared with at least one bandmate.

Burke Shelley - Budgie
John Lodge - Moody Blues
Nick Lowe - Brinsley Schwarz/Rockpile
Jean-Jacques Burnel - Stranglers
Ronnie Lane - Small Faces/Faces
Chris Hillman - Byrds/Flying Burrito Brothers
Jim Dewar - Stone the Crows/Robin Trower

·
Registered
15,446 Posts
Richard Sinclair is wonderful! Can't believe I forgot him. I'm a huge fan of Caravan, and Hatfield.

This one starts out with Richard on guitar and vocals, but when the full band kicks in his wonderful bass lines really drive this tune along with the beautiful melody.

·
Premium Member
Chicago (ex-Dublin)
2,314 Posts
Phil Lynott... who moved to Dublin when he was eight years old from Manchester - And consequently his accent was just all over the place but he always identified himself as Irish - A genuinely decent and kind person who just kept taking the wrong path even when he knew he was hopelessly lost.

RIP January 4, 1986.

This is his statue - It's in Dublin right in front of Bruxelles Rock Pub - on Harry Street - just off Grafton - where he used to hang out.

File:Phil Lynott Statue at Bruxelles Dublin.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

And this is one of his finer moments - "Renegade"

·
Registered
950 Posts
Steve Gould - Rare Bird; Fields
Burke Shelley - Budgie
Mont Campbell - Egg; National Health
Nick Greenwood - Khan
John Gustafson - Quatermass
John Bavin - Bram Stoker
Mick "Doc" Hawksworth - Fuzzy Duck

·
Registered
323 Posts
Felix Pappalardi has already been mentioned. But I wanted to post this Jack Bruce song that Mountain covered at Woodstock. Pappalardi on vocals and bass and Leslie West really plays his heart out on the lead.

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
^^^^@Rach Man: Always loved this song. And many fine songs from the Jack Bruce/Peter Green songwriting duo. Jack Bruce was a fabulous figure in Rock--great bass, great songs, great voice.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts