Classical Music Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
Volve, the editions you posted look like Dover editions. Dover tends to be cheaply available reprints of old plates that are in the public domain. So rather than buy the Dover you might as well just download and print the sonatas you want one at a time for free from imslp.org -- you'll probably find exactly the same plates there. (Unless $25 is worth the cost of not bothering to download and print.)

If you're going to buy a book, then spend the extra few dollars and get a more recent edition. I recommend the Henle urtext mentioned earlier.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yes, those are Dover editions indeed :p Still, paying $25 seems better than printing 400 pages :p
I wish it were possible to get the Henle edition, however I simply can't find it on national websites, and my city has 0 shops that sell music sheets. I'll be going to São Paulo next week, and hopefuly i can find it there, but buying from overseas at the moment is a very bad idea, as the import taxes are worth about 3 times the price of the product.
I'm going to wait this one out, maybe I can find the Henle somewhere. Thanks for the replies!

Reactions: hreichgott

·
Registered
821 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the Henle website has a massive catalogue and you can order from there...

·
Registered
117 Posts
So, yesterday I came back from a 5 day trip to São Paulo, where I find this street with a small shop for music books. And there it was, a whole shelf of Henle books, including the two Beethoven sonata books! They look great in my collection now :)

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.