Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a copy of Baroque Favourites, where Bin Huang is the featured violinist. I haven't listened to the entire album yet...but the two works I did have a chance to focus on sounded wonderful!

Why haven't I ever come across her name when reading the various who's who lists on the boards?

· Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Her, and apparently she tied with Vengerov for winning the Paganini competition one year...I'd say that's pretty good...

...but I don't really know?...

· Registered
333 Posts
I know Vengerov tied the competition with someone that year...But I don't know who it was, and I really have not heard of her b4. Is she good( obviously yes...The Paganini! )?
How's her recording. U got her pic or something, maybe u can share with us! :lol:

· Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry...I made an error...she tied Vengerov for a Wienawski comp., and won a Paganini comp...

...I just purchased a little inexpensive CD called Baroque Favourites (I've been buying some violin CD to get a better idea of the rep., esp. so that when people mention what they're working on...I can maybe go and find it and listen to it)...and Bin Huang is the featured violinist...and I'm really enjoying the CD...I think she sounds great...so I was wondering if I was right...and also wondering why...if she's as good (?) as Vengerov...he's so well known and she's not...

I don't have a picture...but I'll see if I can find one...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.