Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Salut, good evening,
I’m thinking about buying a piano but feeling rather clueless. Will do some googling but it would be nice to interact. Hoping some forum users here may be able to help!
I can play already, but it’s been a long time. I’m not a beginner (I got to Grade 8 level, though didn’t take the exam. Piano was my second instrument with violin my first). I’m not very knowledgeable about the actual instrument though, and have no sense how much one should expect to pay for a piano in 2022. I know some people have electric pianos, this was never something I tried - are they ok, cheaper?
Oh, I should mention I live in rented accommodation so an upright or electric is the choice (and would imagine more affordable than a baby grand. I don’t have a huge budget….). Electric might be an idea on that front as I could practice in silence and not worry about the neighbours, but I don’t know what the quality is like.
I would appreciate advice from those more knowledgeable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Aaron,
Thanks so much for taking the time to reply (as an aside, I’m v. curious as to what the background in your profile pic shows). Very kind. I’ll give Piano World a whirl - wish me luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts