Classical Music Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure I've heard it in the past and I suspect it's a popular one, but I'm not able to recognize it.

It's around 1:36:00 at the conclusion the movie. I've asked this already but it was pointed out to me that it wasn't probably the right section, so I hope I will have more luck here.
Warning: the movie contains some images that could be shocking to some, so in case you have a problem with that, please just open another windows in your browser and just listen to the music, that's all I need.

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Maybe Richard Strauss?
Definitely not. Could be Korngold or one of the 'entartete kunst' composers. If I wasn't listening on headphones I would Shazam it. Perhaps it was composed specifically for the film. :lol:

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Perhaps it was composed specifically for the film. :lol:
I doubt it, considering the rest of the music for the movie. I've actually found a list of the pieces used:

https://leopardofilmes.com/filme/o-rei-das-rosas?category=video&product=294

Musica Puccini - TOSCA (Anita Cerquetti)
Toscanini - LES PATINEURS, IL LOMBARDI, TROUBADOUR
Verdi - AIDA (Maria Callas), DOM CARLOS (Marta Möld)
Haydn - Concerto Para Órgão, Concerto Para Órgão em Dó Menor
Mozart - ZAIDE (Kiri Tekanawa, dirigido por Sir Colin Davis), Concerto para piano em Sol Menor, dirigido por Alfred Wallenstein
Spontini - ORE DEI CIELI (Anita Cerquetti)
VOM Himmel Hoch (Léontine Price, dirigido por Herbert von Karajan)
Charles Ives - THE UNANSWERED QUESTION, dirigido por Léonard Bernstein

Johann Strauss II - CASANOVA (dirigido por Otto Ackerman) LA ZARZUELA (operata espanhola dirigida por Luis Cobos) TRIESTE (Modern Jazz Quartet) Gilda Mignonette - LA ROSE NASS EL CHIWAN LEBTANA TAGHOUNDIA (canto algeriano)

R Dassin
Vangelis - JE TE DIRAI LES MOTS (Mélina Mercouri)
Marina Pagano - JESCE SOLE (Roberto di Simone)
Cuco Sanches - ARIEROS SOMMOS
Jacques Brel - J'ARRIVE (Marikenia)
but I still don't know what it is...

Strauss actually makes sense to me, at least the style seems that (and if it's not Strauss, it sounds definitely close to my ears), not to mention the fact that the title of the movie Rosenkonig reminds me of Rosenkavalier.

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
It is the aria 'Depuis Le Jour' from Gustave Charpentier's opera, Louise (Act 3).

As sung by Frau Schwarzkopf! From the album Rare Recordings 1946 - 1954.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.