1. I am posting this now.
2. As soon as I have, I look at the bar below my post and see a line of titles:
On the right hand side - Edit Post...... Reply...... "Reply with Quote.
I have activated 'Edit post' and a box comes up in which I have typed the new added text.
I then click on Save Changes.
3. On this first Edit, no 'edited' sign appears because I've done it so quickly. I am now editing again. I will have the facility to do this for several hours. Once those hours are passed, no edit is possible.
4. I cannot delete my posts. I can replace the message with a line saying 'post deleted' if I want, but it is an edit, not a deletion.
5. My husband is a moderator. He can delete posts as part of his moderator facilities. Ordinary members cannot.
6. Members edit their posts all the time, and usually it shows up as 'edited' and a certain time - on this final re-edit, it reads Last edited by Ingelou; Today at 15:36.
If you cannot because there's a technical glitch, or you still can't understand how it works, why not pm a moderator, as Pugg suggests below?
Live long & prosper.