Classical Music Forum banner

x_y_of_z_posts

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a moment ago I got a warning from Chrome that TalkClassical is unsafe (that personal info might be stolen)

·
Registered
x_posts
I got that on mozilla one time few months ago...

·
Administrator
x_posts
Just a moment ago I got a warning from Chrome that TalkClassical is unsafe (that personal info might be stolen)
I can assure you, and anyone else, that our website is secure. I have just checked our website security monitoring service (Securi) site and there have not been any breaches of any kind.

As to "personal info might be stolen" that refers to any credit card information you have provided ... this being a site that does not require any fees or dues for membership, there is no credit card information stored on our server.

There should be a padlock symbol in the address bar ... anyone can click on that for more information.

As a reminder to everyone, please be sure to clear all your cookies on a regular basis. Talk Classical must be able to upload cookies into your browser in order to operate correctly. When one signs off (LogOff in the upper right) in the normal fashion those cookies are removed. If you log off by clicking on the Red X, then those cookies are NOT removed.

·
Registered
x_posts
I generally don't ever log out. I just close the window. My Chrome crashes on average once a day (it's no longer supported for Apple, and my OS is out of date, as is my version of Chrome.

I can't update my OS because it might make my expensive Protools software and DAW driver obsolete, rendering me stranded in the tide pool.

·
Registered
x_posts
This is one of the forums where I feel that many users are loaded. I dont log out as well. Only turn off the browser..

·
Premium Member
x_posts
OMG, this site is not only dying but it's now unsafe! :eek: I'm off to put my HD on the the bonfire along with my TC underpants and my 'I love Krummhorn' t-shirt. This is the worst news I've received since I discovered that James Corden is thinking of returning to the UK.

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can assure you, and anyone else, that our website is secure. I have just checked our website security monitoring service (Securi) site and there have not been any breaches of any kind.

As to "personal info might be stolen" that refers to any credit card information you have provided ... this being a site that does not require any fees or dues for membership, there is no credit card information stored on our server.

There should be a padlock symbol in the address bar ... anyone can click on that for more information.

As a reminder to everyone, please be sure to clear all your cookies on a regular basis. Talk Classical must be able to upload cookies into your browser in order to operate correctly. When one signs off (LogOff in the upper right) in the normal fashion those cookies are removed. If you log off by clicking on the Red X, then those cookies are NOT removed.
Thanks, I just wanted to inform you about my browser behavior. It seems as if browsers (especially MS Edge, which I have in Windows but do not use) are becoming more aggressive lately. Google too. But nice to read that TC is fine & secure.

·
Registered
x_posts
OMG, this site is not only dying but it's now unsafe! :eek: I'm off to put my HD on the the bonfire along with my TC underpants and my 'I love Krummhorn' t-shirt. This is the worst news I've received since I discovered that James Corden is thinking of returning to the UK.

View attachment 149299
Why the sarcastic face bruh?

·
Administrator
x_posts
Thanks, I just wanted to inform you about my browser behavior. It seems as if browsers (especially MS Edge, which I have in Windows but do not use) are becoming more aggressive lately. Google too. But nice to read that TC is fine & secure.
You're welcome. I've recently noticed, at home, that our Anti-Virus (CenturyLink switched from Norton to McAfee) software is being rather fussy at times, too, requiring me to perform multi step verification's in order to log into certain sites. So far McAfee hasn't effected Talk Classical login procedures for me ... yet. :rolleyes:

x_y_of_z_posts