Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When trying to spread the good word and convert people to classical music, their argument against it is usually that "it gives me a headache" or "it's not relaxing enough". Has anyone had similar experiences?

Reactions: brotagonist

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
The same to me. That's why I always carry my SSET*, which is conveniently used if situation calls.

*Shocking-Shostakovich-Emergency-Toolkit.
:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
549 Posts
Classical music is boring......that is a perception alot of people have who won't give it a chance. I thought the same during my Rock/Metal listening days.

But in fact nothing could be further from the truth. It's the most exciting and diverse music there is to discover! There is nothing boring about it at all!

To me, today's modern popular music sounds boring to me, it all sounds the same. :confused: Monotonous beats, no imagination.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Classical music is boring......that is a perception alot of people have who won't give it a chance. I thought the same during my Rock/Metal listening days.

But in fact nothing could be further from the truth. It's the most exciting and diverse music there is to discover! There is nothing boring about it at all!

To me, today's modern popular music sounds boring to me, it all sounds the same. :confused: Monotonous beats, no imagination.
I went through a similar phase!! Except it was punk rock, metal, and ska...and now, i secretly laugh at my friend/competition, who hasn't discovered the JOY of classical music. And modern music lacks the wonder and emotion that sprouts from classical music. Techno, hip hop, rap, rock....they all just sound really raw and unsophisticated.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Different people like different things. World would be a pretty boring place if we all liked the same things.
Good point, but maybe releasing people from their closed minds could be beneficial. It would also enable them to have more open minds in all aspects of life as well.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't like bubblegum pop. Does that make me close-minded?
O.K. I'm guessing that bubblegum pop is something you eat or drink, so if you don't like it, that's the natural response of your body. It's a completely seperate issiue. If anyone came up to me and said "the natural response of my body is to hate classical music" I would say there was something wrong with their body.

I don't know what there isn't to like about classical music - that's the source of my frustration.

Reactions: MoonlightSonata

·
Registered
26 Posts
When trying to spread the good word and convert people to classical music, their argument against it is usually that "it gives me a headache" or "it's not relaxing enough".
I recall a co-worker once said to me - "How can you like music that doesn't have any lyrics?".

I don't bother trying to convert anyone to classical music, because I don't think it's respectful of the preferences of others.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I recall a co-worker once said to me - "How can you like music that doesn't have any lyrics?".

I don't bother trying to convert anyone to classical music, because I don't think it's respectful of the preferences of others.
Oh man....song's aren't the only type of music around! i mean...if he liked rock or techno....sometimes the piece is only notes, no lyrics.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I used to dismiss classical music as boring, ignoramus that I was, until I actually listened to it properly, now most other types of music sound dull by comparison. Anyone who says it all sounds the same is talking out their backside.

Reactions: Ingélou
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.