Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
James

I know it is silly question, but I want to know if music or musical instrument change to carry on in the future say 2020 or what, do you understand what the question is?

My apologise My english sentence is not good, Forgive me James

Thank you

James said:
EH? what is your question?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Classical music will always have a strong, if small, following...and I think as the world becomes more 'technical' ...making one's own music will become even more important...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see, Nox I thought so what will happened to the future yet.

Martin

Nox said:
Classical music will always have a strong, if small, following...and I think as the world becomes more 'technical' ...making one's own music will become even more important...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think realy that classical music will stay strong,

but we must think that the famous-public is over...

So we must think about how get young people more to classic, i think thats an very important question but why you think that young people and teens didn't listen to classic ?`
except filmmusic is think it is more famous then classic today...^^

Florian

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I see

Thank,

Martin

Florian Linckus said:
I think realy that classical music will stay strong,

but we must think that the famous-public is over...

So we must think about how get young people more to classic, i think thats an very important question but why you think that young people and teens didn't listen to classic ?`
except filmmusic is think it is more famous then classic today...^^

Florian

·
Registered
149 Posts
music

I think classical music will survive, even if only in europe. I don't think people in North America have any idea how much more popular classical music is there. Here it's on the point of non existance in most places. I live near a symphony and opera house, but the next one's are more than a thousand miles away :eek: . But in Europe people still go to symphonies and operas ect. Far more than people here do.
As for whether I'll keep on playing the viola... it's hard to say. What I really want to is to compose for the viola. It takes quite a few hours a day to stay at proffesional viola playing level. If I can eventually support myself through composition, I'll only play as a hobby. But in the mean time I'll keep up my viola playing.
godzilla

·
Registered
149 Posts
I am only beggining my composing now; I'm studying theory. I wrote a sonata, two short solos, a string sextet with the viola given and important part, and a trio for two violas and bassoon. Not much, but I'm only 17, I've still got lots of time :)
My style is kind of late romantic with a bit of a folk music sound.
godzilla

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Godzilla,

I agree with you. I like to stay and play with my Bassoon for year perharp, Never know what gonna happen to me in the future. May I ask one question why not America had no idea play in classical or music in the future. I surely hope you will enjoy ur life as music hobby and so am I :p .

Cheers!

Martin

·
Registered
149 Posts
Me and classical music

To Bassoon student: The reason why it might die here is the prices. The cheapest live classical in my city this month is over 100$. Most young people can't afford that for one concert. I certainly can't!
Now I love music, but many young people will be put off by the prices. They have a choice; their favorite pop group for 15$ or Beethoven's 9th for 135$, they're going to go for the pop every time. Thus a whole generation grows up never hearing classical music. I never heard any until I was fourteen and started buying CDs of harpsichord music- and even then it was at first only because I heard the harpsichord in a pop CD. If it wasn't for that, I would never have heard any, possibly for the rest of my life. My parents didn't grow up hearing classical music either. Only my great grandparents did. Classical music is simply not part of our culture anymore.
Also, in europe classical music is supported by the government: here it is supported by big business. And big business won't keep supporting something that looses money :( . trying to support yourself through music is very difficult here. My teacher both teaches ( she is head of the string department at the consevatory ), and is section leader at the local symphony, and yet still has to find a temporary summer job at a different symphony.
So between both players having job problems, funding becoming scarce, and audiences lack of interest, classical music is having a hard time here.

To Daniel; I might, but I'd have to get someone to perform them, record them and then somehow get the information on to my computer. I don't really know quite how to do the last one.

godzilla

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hey Godzillaviolinist

I see, I realise that yes.

I understood what you mean. My bassoon is not worth to play but I have to respect to play my old Lark bassoon it is about 10 to 15 year old something like that. I can't afford to buy a good one like Schreiber or Adler. but I have a job coming very soon we will discussion next week. I know it hard for me to play in the future for me really. I worry about the future, perharp. I hope glad the Europe will carry play classical in the future.

Thank you for much for info.

Take care Godzillaviolinist

Cheers

Martin

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.