Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
weed goes well with Feldman

i'd suggest MDMA with anything with really interesting timbres but honestly if you're doing MDMA listen to something other than classical music (also it's illegal)

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
We already consistently violate the expected norms of how we were supposed to listen to classical music. No composer would have expected that we would listen to a symphony by ourself, or a Requiem Mass in our living rooms, nor would they have written with the expectation that we could rewind and listen to recordings over and over again, as opposed to only listening to any given piece a few times in our lifetimes, if that.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
As some would say, "everything in moderation", or - more medically - "the dose makes the poison".

I figure some of you may have personal experience with friends or family members, but alcohol is one of the worst drugs as far as dependence goes. Only the abuse of prescription benzodiazepines (i.e. Xanax, Valium) are as bad when it comes to physical dependence - quitting alcohol should be done with the help of a doctor, because unlike other, even "harder" drugs, such as cocaine, MDMA, or even painkillers - quitting alcohol can have serious health consequences up to death when done unsupervised.

The enhancing effects of drugs on music are relatively well-known, though. Even those attending a classical concert may enjoy a few glasses of wine beforehand. of course, this is to say nothing of music which is almost explicitly written to be consumed with drugs....

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
My worst high was actually when I smoked too much - no bad mental issues but I had severe vertigo for several hours. Not fun.

The most "artistic" drug of modern times, LSD is infamously unpredictable - not knowing what you'll get is sort of part of the "interest" in that, though it's generally an interesting time when listening to music - in my experiences the most unpredictable part were emotional responses - very strange to experience absolute soul-crushing sadness almost vicariously (not a fun trip though the mood rapidly shifted)

If you don't want predictability just take ecstacy.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
That's why I would never try it. It is an amphetamine derivative, I believe!😜
Not sure it is, but a lot of the cheap/scam stuff is probably cut with cheaper stimulants like dextroamphetamine or something along those lines.

I'd say classical would be fun with MDMA but the reality is that anything is, it's one of the most predictable drugs out there in that way. Probably best with something with a lot of sumptuous texture, so maybe put on that Wagner instrumental "Bleeding Chunks" disc, hah (I didn't use classical, I used The Avalanches - Since I Left You which was great for that)

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
The Schedule 1 classification of cannabis was purely political, a power move by a racist sumbag named Harry J. Anslinger, the first commissioner of the Bureau of Narcotics in the US. Look him up.
Also technically meth and cocaine are Schedule 2 as they still have medical uses that the federal guys accept. Not that it makes much of a difference in sentencing but it makes it much harder to do things like run medical trials with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts