Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
All recreational drugs have the potential to enhance sensory experiences (not just listening to music). Most of my use was a long time ago when I was in college. LSD was our drug of choice back then, and I remember purposefully "tripping" while listening to classical music to see what happened. I'd create programs of music to listen to. Sometimes it was phenomenal, sometimes not...but with LSD the experience was limited to the "trip" itself, and very little of that experience carried over into every-day life. It was like a far-off memory of visiting a foreign land. I recall a particularly intense "trip" with Scriabin, and I've never liked the "Poeme d'extase" more than in that altered state. But listening to Scriabin sober, while enjoyable, was not the expansive experience it was on LSD.

That said, I haven't done any hallucinogens since then and don't plan to! They are just too heavy duty. I do a little pot now and again, and it can enhance the listening experience, but it's important to buy THC products at a legit dispensary where the quantity of THC in edibles, for instance, is precise and predictable. Notably I cannot really function productively on THC (e.g., can't practice the piano), so I limit my THC use to the occasional fun listening session (and sometimes to help with arthritis pain).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts