Became a symphony
We would play it again 'n' again 'n' again
'Cause it sounded good to me
ONE MORE TIME!

--- Joe's Garage (MOI)

·
Registered
329 Posts
I found that when I smoked pot, my ability to play percussion was severely impaired. On the other hand, a few cups of coffee did wonders for my speed when rocking & jazzing out on my drums to a favorite CD or two. :cool:

·
Registered
329 Posts
The only problem is that, as with my taste in music, I have a sweet-tooth and I love Tchaikovsky and Rachmaninoff as much as I love cake, cookies, pie, etc.
You must be a sugar addict like my wife...

My original addiction was and still is sugar. I became diabetic as a reward. Oh well, at least I defeated lady nicotine after 26 years, and that one could not have occurred faster. It's been 25 years since I walked away from emphysema...

·
Registered
329 Posts
but the danger of cigarettes isn't in the nicotine, it's in all the other chemicals and in the combustion
Nicotine destroys the heart by damaging the electrical wiring of the heart muscle. Nicotine is rat poison. The other chemicals in the smoke cause COPD/Emphysema & cancer, as well as other damaging effects. Smoking tobacco is slow motion suicide.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Here's some interesting info from AZDHS as printed on the label of the flower buds I have in front of me. It says "Marijuana use can be addictive and can impair an individual's ability to drive a motor vehicle or operate heavy equipment. Marijuana smoke contains carcinogens and can lead to an increase for cancer, tachycardia, hypertension, heart attack, and lung infection. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN." I guess they ought to publish their research, no?

In case you are wondering, the answer is no. AZDHS is the government, and the government never lies.:oops:

Nicotine is incredibly addictive, so much so that many cannot beat the addiction, and lung and heart disease seems to be the most likely outcome for those who don't quit. I've even seen nicotine being compared to heroin as to the severity of the addiction. On another note, what I have seen about vaping and "popcorn" lungs is scary as hell! :eek:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yes I agree edibles are scary. Very unpredictable. Depending on the manufacture the quality control is poor. They’re risky. I’d much rather smoke. Much easier to control.

·
Registered
329 Posts
The kind of experiences people describe on DMT range from hellishly nightmarish to the most spiritual and enlightening, and it often resembles descriptions of near-death experiences. I'm fascinated with the idea but probably too chicken to ever actually try it.
There is no probably here, I am chicken!!! I've had a time or two with LSD/Mescaline, and a few other combos that were not at all good. And that will stay in the past. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts