Classical Music Forum banner
221 - 228 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Israel just released a psilocybin nasal spray for micro dosing, for the treatment for PTSD, depression, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, and addiction.

There are quite a few studies that show micro dosing psilocybin is up to 4 times more effective for depression than antidepressants.

I wonder how much further ahead studies on this would have been, if it wasn't for the knee-jerk reaction in the 60's and 70's?

As if mushrooms, mescaline, LSD, should have really been on the same list as heroin and meth :rolleyes:

Reactions: Chibi Ubu

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Israel just released a psilocybin nasal spray for micro dosing, for the treatment for PTSD, depression, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, and addiction.

There are quite a few studies that show micro dosing psilocybin is up to 4 times more effective for depression than antidepressants.

I wonder how much further ahead studies on this would have been, if it wasn't for the knee-jerk reaction in the 60's and 70's?

As if mushrooms, mescaline, LSD, should have really been on the same list as heroin and meth :rolleyes:
Cannabis was on that same list as well. People have always been fearful of anything that messes with your mind as people fear the chaos within themselves. Of course, that fear has nothing to do with the danger of any given drug. We now know pretty definitively that cannabis is less harmful than "legal" drugs like alcohol and nicotine-via-cigarettes, and I know of almost no cases of bad things happening on psychedelics similar to, say, driving drunk.

The medicinal potential of these drugs is something else to consider too. I can't tell you how many people I now know (including myself) who are getting relief from a whole host of issues thanks to cannabis; while I've been very interested in recent studies on the the medicinal effects of psychedelics like psilocybin and DMT, such as what you mention above. Another that comes to mind is the study on how much more effective psilocybin was at treating addictions to smoking.

·
Registered
7 Posts
As a working musician your gigs are in bars, with liquor readily available, often for free. Plus during breaks it is not uncommon (understatement) for patrons to offer you other things ... After a while we became used to performing with some kind of buzz and made a joke, "in order to play stoned, you have to practice stoned."

:)
I was in a band. Similar experience. My bass player was almost always high, and he played way better that way.

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
Cannabis was on that same list as well. People have always been fearful of anything that messes with your mind as people fear the chaos within themselves. Of course, that fear has nothing to do with the danger of any given drug. We now know pretty definitively that cannabis is less harmful than "legal" drugs like alcohol and nicotine-via-cigarettes, and I know of almost no cases of bad things happening on psychedelics similar to, say, driving drunk.
The Schedule 1 classification of cannabis was purely political, a power move by a racist scumbag named Harry J. Anslinger, the first commissioner of the Bureau of Narcotics in the US. Look him up.

Reactions: Eva Yojimbo

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
The Schedule 1 classification of cannabis was purely political, a power move by a racist sumbag named Harry J. Anslinger, the first commissioner of the Bureau of Narcotics in the US. Look him up.
Also technically meth and cocaine are Schedule 2 as they still have medical uses that the federal guys accept. Not that it makes much of a difference in sentencing but it makes it much harder to do things like run medical trials with it.

221 - 228 of 228 Posts