Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
... However, in the past month (and from the beginning tbh) its mainly been home to one particular member's obsessive anti-Hurwitz rants ... Discussions about the content had become irrelevant and it had turned into a character-assassination thread of the kind that i did not want anything to do with ... It was also being bumped with inflammatory statements designed to goad others into childish arguments ...
To me your thread is perceptive and the sentences quoted make it crystal clear. It is a fact of life that sometimes a person will develop an intense dislike for some prominent figure in the music world. Such a person crosses a line when they use TC to mount a campaign against their target. Negative repetition, character assassination, and entrainment of others to join the claque are well-known tactics. Nowadays I feel that the whole membership can help by pointing out such situations before they cause too much damage, e.g. people leaving TC.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.