Classical Music Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 5 Posts

Administrator
Wow! Really like the dark mode - so much easier on the eyeso_O.

The new forum format is wonderful, too. We needed a new look for some time, but would have had to seriously upgrade the forum software and it became to expensive to even consider.

Administrator
Oh dear, how disappointing. The new format is way too "busy" for me with ads, banners, and all kinds of other sections, logos, etc. I really enjoyed the simple clean format we had before, and I don't intend to pay for a forum that has been free for the ten years I've been here just to get rid of the ads. I guess I'll have to say goodbye. Thanks for all the great correspondence in the past. Best wishes to everyone.
We do hope that you will reconsider. The previous compilation of this site was privately owned/operated. The [then] owner paid for everything himself ... all of the software changes, paying for the servers, paying the hosting company, etc. We weighed all of the options (Frederik and myself had many conversations) and the best option all round was to sell the forum to another company. We were not going to be able to afford any further upgrades to the forum ... we had no corporate sponsor, though we did have subscribers, but it still wasn't generating enough to make the purchases and also change the design of the site - that was something on our list to do for many years.

Like anything in this world, we need to accept change ... I am willing to bet that you visit other sites that have banners and ads ... are you going to quite going to those sites now, too? I rather think not!

How many ads to you have to watch while viewing shows on TV? It's today and this is what it is. It seems rather a small picking point compared to the wealth of information that we share on this site, and all the friendships that we have gained. You have always been a well respected poster and we would hate to lose your contributions to this site.

Please reconsider, that is all we ask.

Best Regards,
Krummhorn, Administrator

Administrator
Avatars/profile photos seem smaller than before and the quality is quite bad. Any way to improve this or no body cares?

Great job otherwise!

馃榾馃榾
I believe that all of the avatars/profile pictures were imported as they were (100x100) during the software conversion, so they lack quality. You might want to reload your avatar and be certain that it is 400x400.

Administrator
Seems something was mentioned about this in our internal discussion before the merger.

I'll keep searching and will most likely ask the VSAdmin to respond/reply.

1 - 4 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.