Classical Music Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
341 - 357 of 357 Posts

·
Registered
13,099 Posts
How can I get my page to allow me to see the top posts first instead of the last posts first?
I asked for the same thing on the first day - I think - I asked display the most recent posts in a thread at the top. I think they said they couldn't do it. I also asked to be able to turn off displaying avatars. Something also beyond the capabilities of the software.

·
Administrator
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #342 ·
How can I get my page to allow me to see the top posts first instead of the last posts first?
Reversing the order of posts within a thread is not a feature at this time.

This may help...

Navigating Thread Listing

• Clicking the thread title will take you to where you left off, the 1st unread post.
  • Clicking the timestamp below the title will take you to the 1st post of the thread.
  • Clicking the timestamp above the last poster user takes you to the last (newest) post.
- Cricket

·
Registered
Mahler
3,907 Posts
The old platform had an archive feature where one could review the many threads in a condensed format.
I have not found if this new platform has such a feature.

·
Administrator
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #344 ·
The old platform had an archive feature where one could review the many threads in a condensed format.
I have not found if this new platform has such a feature.
To the best of my knowledge, that is not a feature of this software.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
Haydn, Mozart, Vivaldi, Wagner
13,783 Posts
Anyone else getting Error 525s today?

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
My experience today has been that the TC forum knows what I have read since the changeover to the new software, and the "Go to first unread post by clicking the thread title" method works great in those cases. For threads that I have visited in the past but not since the switch, that method just takes me to the first post in the thread. This will shake itself out in time as I use the new software more, but I wanted to share this, as the question was raised a page ago.

·
Administrator
5,119 Posts
Seems something was mentioned about this in our internal discussion before the merger.

I'll keep searching and will most likely ask the VSAdmin to respond/reply.

·
Premium Member
6,497 Posts
Is there a way to eliminate the drop-down box asking me to allow push messages? I don't really like push messages, but I allowed them just so I'd quit getting drop-down message, but to no avail.

On an irritation scale of 1 to 10, this is probably a 1.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Although I view this site on my mobile, used to prefer desktop view. Is there an option to do this on the new platform?
Tech guy here. If you use Google Chrome or some other similar browsers on your phone, click on the three dots on the top right and click on "Desktop site". I apologize for not knowing how it works on Safari though, if you are using iPhone.

·
Administrator
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #354 ·
Is there a way to eliminate the drop-down box asking me to allow push messages? I don't really like push messages, but I allowed them just so I'd quit getting drop-down message, but to no avail.

On an irritation scale of 1 to 10, this is probably a 1.
It wouldn't allow you to choose NEVER?

If you already approved it, you can try disabling it in your preferences by scrolling down to "Push notifications" and changing your settings.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #355 ·
Although I view this site on my mobile, used to prefer desktop view. Is there an option to do this on the new platform?
The site is responsive, so it will adjust automatically for you from any device. There is no desktop view.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #357 ·

The site will be transitioning from the dedicated support team (who works primarily with helping members transition to the new platform) over to our regular tech support team. Although this means it may take us a bit longer to respond to your questions, we will continue to be here for you and the community.
- Community Management Team

341 - 357 of 357 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.