Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
It's fair to say, it is somewhat absurd to celebrate in increments at all! Their are many things which have become common place that are quite silly! Neckties serve no real purpose. Religion might be practice by, oddly enough, the only people who might really go to hell. And so on and so forth!

·
Registered
126 Posts
When I said what I said about Religion, it was Muslim extremist and people that believe if you don't have their views, your going to burn in hell for eternity, such as some American Southern Christain Circles.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When a significant (i.e. 100) composer-anniversary comes up, I don't mind presenting their music in the framework of an anniversary celebration concert. As "contrived" and "fashionable" as this may be, audiences respond to this, and I don't think there is anything wrong with catering to audiences in this regard.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I agree with 50th, 100th, 150th, etc commemorations, and I am looking forward to those of Grieg and Elgar for this year.

Reactions: Fsharpmajor

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Every time I find out that a particular day is the birthday of a good composer, I will put on one of his works and give his life a moments thought. Call me sad, but I feel as if I owe those guys something!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.