Classical Music Forum banner
1001 - 1020 of 1131 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Brown Rectangle Wood Handwriting Font

Font Rectangle Parallel Paper Paper product

I learned that the gold cover is the original and the silver cover is the remastered one. And I read someone saying the silver one is shrill in spots. My experience in collecting CD tells me it could very well be true since the trend is for leaner sound in the name of more resolution. I am happy with the gold I have.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
I learned that the gold cover is the original and the silver cover is the remastered one. And I read someone saying the silver one is shrill in spots. My experience in collecting CD tells me it could very well be true since the trend is for leaner sound in the name of more resolution. I am happy with the gold I have.
Thank goodness for equalizers as they can help out. As do good speakers/headphones!
I've been through 4 pair of earbuds, I've even spent $$$ but to no avail. They deteriorate overtime...

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Brown Rectangle Font Art Metal

These were originally 3 separate CDs released, then later re-issued on 2 CD set. I was in the middle of buying all three but when they released this set, I just got it. Love all the torch songs on this set.

Thank goodness for equalizers as they can help out. As do good speakers/headphones!
I've been through 4 pair of earbuds, I've even spent $$$ but to no avail. They deteriorate overtime...
Gosh, I don't know what to say. I am least qualified to voice any opinion on what you are saying. As I grew older I disliked wearing headphone more and more. I probably haven't used one more than 15 years. I might have used earbuds couple of times. And I haven't used equalizer, no I never owned one, in fact tone controls over 3 decades at least.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Gosh, I don't know what to say. I am least qualified to voice any opinion on what you are saying. As I grew older I disliked wearing headphone more and more. I probably haven't used one more than 15 years. I might have used earbuds couple of times. And I haven't used equalizer, no I never owned one, in fact tone controls over 3 decades at least.
I would actually prefer not to use any of them, but my aging wife, and my sometimes testy impetuous son who lives with us both have a lot to say about it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
One more King
Food Nature Cartoon Sharing Organism

I bought this CD when my kids were young. It is still fun to hear it by myself once in a while, even though they are all grown up and don't live with me.

·
Registered
32,474 Posts

Love Sublime

Renée Fleming, Brad Mehlda

Mehldau: A Tale
Mehldau: Extinguish My Eyes, I'll Go On Seeing You
Mehldau: His Caring Is A Nightmare To Us
Mehldau: I Love The Dark Hours Of My Being
Mehldau: I Love You, Gentlest Of Ways
Mehldau: Love Sublime
Mehldau: Memory