Classical Music Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 957 Posts

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Tchaikovsky, Piano Concerto No 1 - Vladimir Horowitz, NBC SO, Arturo Toscanini.

Recorded live at the Carnegie Hall (New York not Dunfermline) on the 19th April 1941 the transfer has tried hard to revive the recording that has unfortunately got that swishing sound of bacon frying, albeit quietly, in the background. I'm not too concerned with sound quality when I know I'm listening to a recording of this age but I suspect others may struggle.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
I'm quite keen on Frankel. Good to see him getting a mensh on the forum .....
Well thats two us in the Frankel fan club Henry - we can have a club meeting outdoors if we socially distance but if anyone else wishes to join we may have a problem.
Oh wait, one of us would have to travel and thats not allowed...unless discussing Frankel can be considered an essential purpose!
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
At some point, I would really appreciate a walk-through of what I'm seeing in these photos. You appear to have swiped the Obelisk from 2001, for example (I am assuming it vibrates and produces pleasing noises!). I can see black boxes with handles, which I imagine contains a disk collection of some sort. Then there are several interesting electronic things in the shelf above; and then some gramophone and other equipment on the top surface. You also appear to have an anechoic fitting to your fireplace!

Anyway: I'm intrigued!
Looks like a Nakamichi cassette deck is lurking at the right hand side of the pic.

1 - 20 of 957 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.