Stabat Mater
Laudate pueri Dominum
Confitebor tibi Domine

Julia Lezhneva, soprano
Philippe Jaroussky, countertenor
Coro della Radiotelevisione svizzera, Lugano
I Barocchisti
Diego Fasolis, direction

This is a reason I enjoy this thread so much. It fills me with direction for my listening. :angel:

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Alberic Magnard - Symphony No. 4
Thomas Sanderling/Malmö Symphony Orchestra (BIS)

Magnard is pretty much a new composer to me. Being a French music aficionado, I figured I'd better check him out. This is a lovely, rich late-Romantic symphony that combines the best of Bruckner and Mahler into one. Highly recommended!

Edit: This is now my favorite symphony by a French composer that I have heard. Just unreasonably gorgeous, especially the last few minutes of the finale.
Magnard's 4th is my favorite French symphony ever as well (even above Saint-Saëns' 3rd). I was truly impressed by that robust and noble performance, a real ear-opening rendition.

·
Premium Member
7,181 Posts

Pergolesi: Stabat Mater, Laudate Pueri & Confitebor

Julia Lezhneva (soprano), Philippe Jaroussky (countertenor)

I Barocchisti, Diego Fasolis

Release Date: 4th Nov 2013
Catalogue No: 3191472
Label: Erato
Length: 70 minutes

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Yesterday and today I loaded the CD player with 5 by Fritz Reiner and the Chicago Symphony Orchestra from the RCA Living Stereo collection:

1. Tchaikovsky: Piano Concerto #1 (w/Emil Gilels, piano); The Nutcracker Suite
2. "Spain": de Falla: El Amor Brujo (w/Leontyne Price, soprano); The Cornered Hat; La Vida Breve; Albeniz: Iberia, Book 2: Triana; Granados: Goyescas: Intermezzo; Albeniz: Ibera Book1:Fete-Dieu a Seville; Book 4: Navarra
3. "Vienna": Johann Strauss Jr: Morning Papers; Emperor Waltz; On the Beautiful Blue Danube; Carl Maria von Weber: Invitation to Dance; Josef Strauss: Village Swallows; Richard Strauss: Der Rosenkavalier: Waltzes; Johann Strauss Jr: Vienna Blood; Roses from the South; Treasure Waltz; Thunder and Lightning Waltz
4. Bartok: Concerto for Orchestra; Music for Strings, Percussion, and Celesta; Hungarian Sketches
5. Hovhaness: Symphony #2 "Mysterious Mountain"; Stravinsky: The Fairy's Kiss: Divertimento; Prokofiev: Lieutenant Kije Suite

181 - 200 of 25606 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.