Classical Music Forum banner
18181 - 18200 of 18443 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Microphone Sleeve Coat Audio equipment Suit

After watching/listening to him conducting (especially Mahler symphonies) on youtube quite a lot, I've got some understanding to Roth. IMHO, the orchestra comparatively lacks some expressive weight in the climax sessions.

·
Registered
600 Posts
My second listen to this….

Daniil Trifonov - Bach: The Art Of Life. Deutsche Grammophon 2021 3LP gatefold.

Thanks for sharing
Probably it's the second time l explicitly express envy to your LP-listening of my favourite music.
Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Thanks for sharing
Probably it's the second time l explicitly express envy to your LP-listening of my favourite music.
Enjoy!!!
Thank you, I will enjoy.

Put all three through my record vacuum cleaner, with a good scrubbing before replaying this evening. First time out I was disappointed with surface noise. Better this time, but still some noise, somewhat unusual for a new Deutsche Grammophon pressing. Not great though, just seems to be poorly pressed.

·
Premium Member
5,598 Posts
Thanks to the recommendation from MBHaub. Bruckner in "small" bites, possibly making him a little bit more palatable for me. For a composer I dislike, for some reason I seem fixated on repeatedly returning to brave and usually futile attempts to understand or even like his music. Maybe because the Romantic era is my favorite musical stomping ground, I feel like I "should" appreciate this composer, except that I never have. Mahler is another composer that I find difficult to comprehend, but at least with Mahler I do find one or two of his symphonies enjoyable (mainly a bleeding chunk of #2 and all of #4). I adore the 19th century Russian romantics.

Bruckner: Symphony No. 9 in D minor, WAB 109 (first movement - Feierlich, Misterioso)
Eichhorn - Bruckner Orchestra Linz

18181 - 18200 of 18443 Posts