Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I don't think I ever consciously want to wallow in anger, depression, fear or frustration although their range seems to be my default emotional setting unfortunately. Music that reflect these moods to me include:

Just about anything by Scelsi (for dark & foreboding) but particularly "Uaxuctum"

Also - and I realise it's not supposed to represent anger or frustration - but this piece embodies those emotions for me. It's the final movement of Prokofiev's "Scythian Suite", or more accurately, the final section of the final movement. In this performance especially, the enormous tension in the build up to the end and the way that final dissonant chord is held with the whole orchestra at full volume and the stand cymbals and tam-tam hissing like some kind of strangled snake; the noise for me is anger, it's unresolved chord, frustration! Listen from 3:16 as loud as you dare.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.