Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Cool. Are you musical Liz?
If musical means that I love music, especially classical and the blues, and play the piano at a barely-intermediate level frequently, then yes, I am musical. I am somewhat embarrassed to admit that I never knew how significant and influential Clara's life and work was, and continues to be until just a few months ago. I am now diving into learning more about her.

How are you and your wife related to Robert and Clara?

· Registered
7 Posts
Hello, sir! My name is Johanna Kempe, and I am a living relative of Robert Schumann. Such is my father and his three sisters- and my unfortunately deceased grandparents, Fritz and Johanna (a different one!) Kempe.
Hello. I am very interested in locating living relatives of Robert and Clara Schumann. May I ask if you could offer a little more detail of your connection? Also, what country are you in? Thank you very much.

· Registered
7 Posts
OP never been seen again. ;)
Very interesting account. I know it is an old thread but wanted to know if any of the Schumanns descendants are alive today. I know they had eight children.
Yes, we are alive! My grandfather Felix Victor Ferdinand Schumann was the son of Ferdinand, son of Robert and Clara Schumann. Felix emigrated to the U.S. in the early 20th century where he married and had four children, one of them being my father.

· Registered
7 Posts
oh sorry Liz, that was a joke referring to quotes from the films mentioned in Merl's post. We aren't related to the Schumann's although my wife does think I'm mad...:)
Ha! I glanced at your website and saw that you have had quite a remarkable career in music. I am most curious about your history with EMI/Abbey Road Studios. Is there anything you'd consider sharing, if I
may be so bold?

· Registered
7 Posts
My orchestral recording sessions at Abbey Rd where always something to look forward to. As a Beatles fan I remember the awe I felt when I first worked in studio 2, known as the Beatles studio.

One night, sometime after George Harrison's death, the studios organised a vigil outside for Harrison, playing his music over a tannoy system in the forecourt. Hundreds turned up outside however inside, I had a surreal experience. I was recording in studio 2 and we'd finished just around the time the vigil was starting. Me and a musician friend found ourselves alone in the studio. All doors where open and we could hear the strains of 'My Sweet Lord' wafting through the building. We both stood in the middle of that studio in silence for a while. To this day I still ocassionally wonder why no-one else was there in that studio in that moment and recalling it still gives me a little shiver as I also hail from Liverpool.

A candle-lit vigil is held for former Beatle guitarist George Harrison outside Abbey Road Studios, London December 3, 2001. Harrison died last week after a long battle with throat cancer. REUTERS/Ian Waldie IW/AA Stock Photo - Alamy
Thank you for sharing such a wonderful remembrance. My husband is a HUGE Beatles fan and was so thrilled to be invited to the doorway of Abbey Road Studios by "David," the then Director of International Security for Abbey Road Studios, in 2013. It was the highlight of our three-week visit to the U.K.
Jeans Smile Fixture Flooring Door

1 - 7 of 7 Posts