Classical Music Forum banner

Do your musical tastes change over time?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
They do and it's because I fatigue easily with just one genre/period of music. My music collection (which is more of a "just in case" thing than a collection de facto) spans Renaissance to Punk (after which popular styles fell into a kind of super-conservative soup) and contemporary music.

On the classical side they cover orchestral, ensemble, a few soloists, vocal, opera (edit: )and electroacoutic. Notable gaps in my interest nowadays are Haydn and the classicists. I do have a couple of Beethoven Symphonies, the big Mass in D, all the quartets; Brahms, the Symphonies.

So it's a question of the prevailing mood I'm in - or the one I want to be in (music provides an easy transition) and what I've recently heard too much of!

Opera has always been a peculiar issue for me. While a young teen I was taken to see Berg's Lulu. That hooked me. But I could find little more until earlier Rossini. Broadened a bit since as I'm always ready to explore.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.