Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
At the risk of alienating a large number of people on this thread I have to say, her artistry and technique not withstanding, I never found her tone on the ’cello very ingratiating. It just didn’t sound terribly sweet to my ears. Having said that I have a whole bunch of her recordings with Barenboim, Zukerman, Barbirolli et al.

Reactions: Shaughnessy

·
Registered
141 Posts
So many good cellists and Yo Yo Ma lives but 20 minutes from my house but Du Pre is special,do love her for sure.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Superb artist sadly cut off in her prime. Her sister did her memory no favours by writing a creepy book about her. After Rostropovich heard her play the Elgar he said he would never play it again as he could never match Jackie’s performance.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Superb artist sadly cut off in her prime. Her sister did her memory no favours by writing a creepy book about her. After Rostropovich heard her play the Elgar he said he would never play it again as he could never match Jackie’s performance.
I heard the same of the movie too,I chalk it up to the media wants sex escapades to sell content.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts