Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I admit it.. I have liking for the music of Bert Kaempfert. Love the Trumpet playing of Fred Moch and Charlie Tabor and of courseLadi Geisler's iconic Bass playing I have no reasonable explanation. I just do. How 'bout you lot?

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Manilow's Copacabana and Cindarella Rockefeller by Esther and Abi Ofarim, though if I give either an airing on the jukebox at one of my two favoured local watering holes goodwill isn't exactly in abundance.

Reactions: Badinerie

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I don't feel guilty, but I'm glad to see this thread. Kaempfert is nice. I like Paul Mauriat (Love is Blue, etc.)

I recommend Joseph Lanza's book Elevator Music: A Surreal History of Muzak, Easy-Listening, and Other Moodsong. Kaempfert, 101 Strings, Mantovani etc. are mentioned.

I also liked background music you can hear when you push some buttons in a hotel room. It was otherworldly, almost scary sometimes.

"I'm not in the least musical; I don't own a record player or a single cassette. In fact, I used to be the despair of my girlfriend when we traveled because I so clearly enjoyed canned music and used to turn it on in hotel rooms. But the subject is fascinating - all part of mood-control. [...]" - J. G. Ballard (Elevator Music, Lanza)

G

·
I like to name a few of my "so called quilty pleasures".
Juliet Greco, Frank Sinatra ,Bert Kaempfert and Henri Mancini
Face Lip Outerwear Photograph Eyebrow
Art Publication Font Poster Painting
Sleeve Smile Art Poster Pattern
Plant Publication Font Adaptation Poster

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A Swinging Safari. Classic! My ringtone for years.

Relaxing to some classic Bert. Just after some Classic Burt. Dusty sings the definitive "Look of Love"
Where Flamingo's Fly is playing now from Bert's If I had you lp.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Has anyone here heard anything by Combustible Edison?

Reactions: pianozach
1 - 20 of 70 Posts