Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Don't have this. I doubt it's better than In The Nightside Eclipse. I will check it out though.

When people say something like a particular album goes over people's heads, I don't know what they mean.

And could you be more specific with where you see influences? And are you saying if people realised the album was influenced by those people, they would/should like it more?

·
Registered
187 Posts
By "going over people's heads" I mean nothing more or nothing less than the principle of it being misunderstood; as if it was not comprehended as a piece of work.

I still don't know what you mean. How can something not be comprehended as a piece of work? What are you talking about?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I would have thought if these influences were so obvious you'd be able to be more specific. But whatever.

An art piece can either be understood, e.g. conceived by an ear which can take in the entire holistic picture, or not understood, e.g. in the non-interpretational/subjective sense, not having a grasp of the complex orchestration, or otherwise remaining puzzled by the piece as a whole.

Still don't know what you're talking about. But whatever.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.