• Weber

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wurlitzer

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
My family just got a very nice Everett with real ebony keys. I like it a lot, but I don't have much piano playing experience, so I don't know any of the ones above. Two or three of the keys sort of stick, not that much. How would one go about fixing that?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya, it's a Fazioli. I put it on after realizing I forgot to put Fazioli on the list. Should have put Falcone on there too. Along with a "I don't know", but it would probably get the most votes. We shall see.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In most recordings you're hearing a Steinway, so I guess if you want to hear a Steinway all you have to do is pop in a CD. :lol:

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am definitely a boesie fan :D

I like steinways, aber, I don't love them, there is a subtle difference there ;)

never liked faziolis much (though I never heard one). I guess I just would rather drive a royce than a ferrari (or a corvette in the case of steinways I suppose)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yikes! I can't imagine Young Chang up there on the list!!!! It's one of the worst pianos I've ever played! :( Have u guys attemped one b4?
U play p...okay its soft...u play mp...okay it's slightly louder... u play mf, then u plau f , then ff... OMG, what's the difference? It's got to be the worst piano in tonal aspect and touch sensitivity. And i feel that Young Chang is really retarded in touch and has a really shallow pedal as well. I really don't like the hammer work inside, it simply isn't crisp nor clean enough.
:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Friends,

Bluthner is still not on the list.... :( How can i be able to vote for my favourite piano? ;)

Steinway and Bosendorfer are definately not my brands, the sounds is much to harsh and unpersonal. Not to talk about Yamaha etc.

Bechstein, Grottrian and Pleyel are comming in my direction! But.... i would vote for Bluthner!!

But i love this site anyway!! :D

Frankie

·
Registered
245 Posts
I love Bluthners also. They are great artworks. Have u seen the walnut mahogony b4? The polished finish shines like marble. Very warm and broad tonal depth, but I feel that Bluthners are way too much over priced, esp. the uprights.
But they are famous for their 3 strings, instead of the usual 2 only.
But most reputable grands do have 3 in their higher/lower registers also. That's why they 'ring' so nicely.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.