• Weber

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wurlitzer

Votes: 0 0.0%
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

· Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Blüthner is on the list, if I'm not mistaken.

U play p...okay its soft...u play mp...okay it's slightly louder... u play mf, then u plau f , then ff... OMG, what's the difference?
Same with Baldwin, but some people seem to like Baldwin.

Edit: Actually, that 's all my school has: Young Chang and Baldwin.

· Registered
333 Posts
U play p...okay its soft...u play mp...okay it's slightly louder... u play mf, then u plau f , then ff... OMG, what's the difference?

Same with Baldwin, but some people seem to like Baldwin.

Edit: Actually, that 's all my school has: Young Chang and Baldwin.
yes...Baldwin also. :huh:
I don't like Kawai also...they're very light, and so pop sounding. Even Yamaha has more impressive tone than the kawai. But pianos with lesser tone/timbre may be enyjoyable to play for leisure at times... :rolleyes:

Bluthners...cheap? :eek:
How much do the first hand cost in your country?
I remember seeing the price list for first hand 5' grand...some 50,000-or was it more? And I remembered being not particularly impressed by its price vs sound output.
:blink:

· Registered
12 Posts
Dear Daniel,

Thank for putting Bluthner on the list!! Of course i did vote for it!! :p

Bluthners are not more expensive then other brands quality piano's. And with some patience one can find the piano or grand of once dreams, especially on the internet. I got my 1.80 Bluthner, build in 1918, from the internet for 3500 euro. It needed new hammers and bass-strings. The (dutch) internetsite in which i did find my grand is www.marktplaats.nl. Go to instruments and after that to piano's. One can find an extensive collection of second hand piano's and grands, with prices and photo's.

Apart from the clear and romantic sound, Bluthnergrands have a mechanism that differs from other brands and which makes it play so lightly. Instead of the repetition lever which brings the hammer closer to the string, invented by Erard, the Bluthner has a special coil which makes it played so easily.

Haha, now i dont have any excuse for my lousy way of playing anymore!! :blink:

Take care!

Frankie

· Registered
1,022 Posts
This Blüthneergrand would be ideal for me! I prefer soft, but clear articulated touch response...The Steinway of my teacher is similiar in a way...though I think not Steinways are always...

What stuff are you working on currently, Frankie? :)

· Registered
333 Posts
The special thing about Steinways...And I generally regard this as a good thing...is that it really caters to all kind of pianists with different and vast preferance...U realise that no 2 steinways(different models) do quite sound the same. That's why u need to spend hours playing on each different make b4 deciding which one to purchase...
It's really unlike other brands...whereby the higher ends may simply be more powerful in tone and that's all...But steinways have vast tonal palette. U may find one that's refined, crisp, well-articulated, and the other, more powerful and broad.... and even those with more tone, and definately does resemble a bose at times.
Bechsteins are great...they seem to resist ageing. Some pianos detoriate really quickly as time goes by...But I find em pretty resistant. But tone wise, they definately don't tonguate like steinways.

· Registered
534 Posts
Originally posted by DW@Sep 28 2004, 09:27 AM
The special thing about Steinways...And I generally regard this as a good thing...is that it really caters to all kind of pianists with different and vast preferance...U realise that no 2 steinways(different models) do quite sound the same. That's why u need to spend hours playing on each different make b4 deciding which one to purchase...
[snapback]2137[/snapback]​
I'm guessing Steinways are like Strads of the piano people. :) How much would a good one cost? As much as a good Strad?

· Registered
534 Posts
Originally posted by DW@Sep 28 2004, 12:12 PM
yes, definately. Imagine that it can cost as much as a house on the southwest of London...!!!
It can cost anything from 700,000 to 1 million. Esp. those legendary or 'themed' collections.
[snapback]2151[/snapback]​
Whoa! :eek: How much do you think the most expensive violin in the world costs? Would it be a Guarnerius or a Stradivarius?

· Registered
333 Posts
I would think that it's a strad. I've read this b4, but can't remember the excat figure. If u had an authentic strad, it can very much sell for 500-700000 or more.
Hmmm... I really can't remember. But it'll be a really interesting thing to find out! :)
Okay, off i go to other websites...gonna check the figures! :)

· Registered
333 Posts
Apart from the clear and romantic sound, Bluthnergrands have a mechanism that differs from other brands and which makes it play so lightly. Instead of the repetition lever which brings the hammer closer to the string, invented by Erard, the Bluthner has a special coil which makes it played so easily.
Actually, that's not the only selling point, besides a triple coiling...
They are done in aliquot scaling. A lot of piano macnufacturers have this nowadays, but Bluthners are the first to get it done.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.