Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wait there’s more?

It actually is a 5 mvt. work, and yes I had to go and look it up. This is a quote from Wikipedia:

A typical performance runs just over half an hour. One of the shorter recordings, conductor Eugene Ormandy's 1967 recording with the Philadelphia Orchestra, featuring violinist Isaac Stern, runs 32 minutes and 43 seconds.[2] It was common practice until the middle of the 20th century for performances of the work to omit the Intermezzo,[3] leaving a four-movement work that more closely reflected the traditional structure of a symphony.

This is from the internet and therefore infallible! ;)

·
Registered
541 Posts
Now I’m at a crossroads. Never heard this piece before, and Heifetz is my favorite violinist but I would like to hear everything Lalo wrote. Guess I’ll find another more recent recording but i think I’ll start with Heifetz

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now I’m at a crossroads. Never heard this piece before, and Heifetz is my favorite violinist but I would like to hear everything Lalo wrote. Guess I’ll find another more recent recording but i think I’ll start with Heifetz

By all means start with the Heifetz (I am actually not familiar with that recording), but I would also listen to other recordings. I can highly recommend the following more modern recordings (at least probably recorded in better sound). It is a beautiful composition.

·
Registered
541 Posts
By all means start with the Heifetz (I am actually not familiar with that recording), but I would also listen to other recordings. I can highly recommend the following more modern recordings (at least probably recorded in better sound). It is a beautiful composition.

Thank you so much, I will listen for the very first time ever tomorrow!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts