Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 20 of 488 Posts

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Favourite Zappa Song, Album by Album one per daySimple Hey! this could take a while :D

To start of with lets do fav pre Freak Out song, then tomorrow its Freak Out Starting at 12.25pm 14 March 2018- TC time
, give or take a bit.

MY pick is Lost in a Whirlpool (as released in Lost Episodes- which we might get to again, if this thread lasts that long)

·
Premium Member
11,589 Posts
I'll join you from tomorrow for the Mothers stuff and Hot Rats, then my knowledge and collection is very spotty.

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^ Very nice Uncle Meat is my Fav album but we are 6 days away from that one, I'm just after pre Freak out songs today
here is another one, will accept demo and alternate takes on Freak Out Albums songs also to be considered.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I'll have to go with my old standby, "Inca Roads" from One Size Fits all.

[video=dailymotion;x131r1f]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x131r1f[/video]

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
^ not quite, we on pre Freak Out songs being day 0. Sharleena will be day 10 from Chunga's Revenge
Sorry.

I think that the version of Sharleena on TLE is different fro the one on CR.

I find this confusing. Eddie, could you start each new day (from whatever time zone you want) by posting the albums from which we may pick our tracks.

Cheers.

:tiphat:

·
Premium Member
11,589 Posts
Are we on Freak Out! yet?

If so, then I nominate Trouble Every Day (although I love the non-album b-side Why Don't You Do Me Right?).

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Yep today is Freak Out as Listed by Elgar Ghost- Trouble Every Day- the song they say got Zappa his first Recording Contract

Yesterdays winner is Norman Bates with that very cool original version of Toads of the short Forest from the Pre Freak Out Era - never heard that one before

My choice is You didn't Try to call me with Ray Collins out front

I also like Motherly Love gotta love to Kazoos but here is Dweezils version for something different

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Ah Eddie , I see you're doing fine managing the thread...

Freak out has so many great songs it's really hard to choose. How could I be such a fool is heartbreaking. I also love the revolutionary sound in many songs, the doo-*** etc.. I'll choose Trouble Everyday because we don't hear that kind of thing anymore.

1 - 20 of 488 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.