Classical Music Forum banner

What kind of fingers do you have?

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I myself have average fingers and average sized hands. Which is a real pity, I always feel that I could have done more should God give me bigger hands and longer fingers. What about u people?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're missing a category...my are long and muscular!
I like that type of fingers. Do u play the cello? If that's what u have, and if u've got strong hands as well, I bet you'll sound lovely on a cello! :lol:

I have long and thing fingers, my middle being about 4.2 inches long.
Oh my, Becky! :eek: This I can only imagine...Trying hard to imagine :blink: , mine's only 3.2 . :angry:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Originally posted by DW@Jul 26 2004, 09:03 PM
Oh my, Becky! :eek: This I can only imagine...Trying hard to imagine :blink: , mine's only 3.2 . :angry:
[snapback]563[/snapback]​
Those aren't my fingers! My fingers are short! Really short! Really, REALLY short!!!

Hmmm, looks like those are Quavarion's fingers.

Here's my right hand...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Originally posted by DW@Jul 26 2004, 09:03 PM
[snapback]563[/snapback]​
Those aren't my fingers! My fingers are short! Really short! Really, REALLY short!!!

Hmmm, looks like those are Quavarion's fingers.

Here's my right hand... please note scorpion comparison!

·
Registered
317 Posts
...I'll leave the cello playing to cellists...it's all I can do to practice the violin and viola...even my poor mandolin has been set aside for the time being...

...btw...becky...you have a bug on your fingers...;)

·
Registered
534 Posts
Wow! You have a scorpion?! My brother used to have a Malayan Whip scorpion. :unsure: He has a total of 34 animals in his room right now. He had to remove all of his furniture including his bed. He sleeps on the floor! He has a snake that is soon to be 8.5 feet long and eat rabbits, and many other creepy things... :(

·
Registered
147 Posts
No, that's not my scorpion! That was from my vacation in Miami. A performer picked me to hold that African Scorpion, which I thought was strange since I probably had more entomology experience than anyone else in the audience!

The scorpion almost hit my threshold for creapiness, though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine are fat sausage-like fingers. I just remembered... About 1989 I saw my ex brother in law for the first time in many years.He just happened to walk into my favorite cafe.. Anyway I had my new very expencive mandolin with me, (he did'nt know I was a musician ) and I asked him if I could play for him . "YES !" he said enthusiastically. I played a real quick, difficult to play, Bluegrass piece. When I finished ,his eyes were wide .He took my left hand and looked closely at it, and said " When was the last time you thought about your dad?" ' I have'nt thought about him for ... months? Why do you ask?' I answered. He said" Your dad never played that fast ,but you have the exact same fat sausage-like fingers as he did!" My father was a multi-instrumentalist (tenor banjo,F hole guitar mandolin,organ) And had played for decades in a Canadian Legion band. He died when I was 23 and the encounter with Patrick was sure an eye opener! Sorry. I've got to figure out how to shorten my stories...

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.