Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I've decided to major in music performance, but my teachers haven't really done a lot of scale work with me before, and I don't have a private one now. A music major requires an audition (not a big one). I just need to play two pieces and a few scales. I've decided to play Havanaise and either Graceful Ghost or Symphonie Espagnole. What scales should I do?

Also, I was never to clear on this; the flats and sharps in the key signature, could someone explain them clearly? i.e.) If there is a flat on the b above open a, are all bs flat, or just that one?, etc. I know this must be a pretty elementary question, but my schools teachers were all do-nothing bums! :D

· Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey, my first audition went fine. I got into the music major. Seems like child's play compared to James's audition, though. Man I wish I could take a master class from Shlomo.. :rolleyes:

· Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by baroque flute@Aug 5 2004, 09:19 PM
That's great news! Congratulations! I suppose there will an emphasis on violin?? :p
[snapback]1258[/snapback]​
Yeah! I'll be in the orchestra a chamber ensembe, have private lessons every week, and probably more. I am going to really enjoy this. B)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.