Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You should have a map of earth and a select list with options being locations, and the user selects the place where they live and it shows up on the map, so other people can see who lives near them. If that is too hard (probably ;) ) you could just do it differently.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
A very nice idea. I will add this feature as soon as possible.

Talking about suggestions...Here are also some other open questions, like ranking names (and post number) or the overview in general, maybe too many forums etc.

Feel free to post your ideas and improovement suggestions, or just send me a PM.

Thanks for supporting our new Forum.

:)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I actually believe it is best to form affiliations, not to combine the forums.... They each serve there own separate purpose...

James and I were talking about this a long long long time ago, for Musical Horizon and SoloViolin. Heck, I was the one who got him into webhosting in the first place, :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Originally posted by Nox@Jul 24 2004, 09:54 AM
I like the map! I just tried it out on Maxs' forum...I am now the lone Canadian...LOL...
[snapback]338[/snapback]​
haha, just saw that, 2 min. ago, when I went through my forums! Thanks for stopping by.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Originally posted by max@Jul 25 2004, 01:31 AM
haha, just saw that, 2 min. ago, when I went through my forums! Thanks for stopping by.
[snapback]373[/snapback]​
There is now a version out for IPB 2.0...

http://www.musicalhorizon.com/invisiontest...p?act=membermap

Again, test it out on my Invision 2 Test Board....

Dan, if you want, let me know, I'll get you the install file, it's NOT on Invisionize.

·
Registered
108 Posts
nothing except, that IT WORKS with 2.0.

The codebase between IPB 1.3 and 2.0 is VASTLY different. Just the fact, that the script COULD be converted (and mind you most of the membermap coding is the same) amazes me.

Most of the modifications I've made to my board, had to be rewritten from scratch for 2.0, or still need to be made, very few, carried over, (2 out 34).

and yes, I have 34 modifications on my IPB 1.3. I can't wait till I get most of the mods working nicely on 2.0, it's so much better!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maybe you could (if you wanted to) put a place for everyone's real names on their ID card. Also, if you put a picture in as your photo, it is not resized to fit the window. The window is automatically resized to fit the picture dimension, and it has a scrollbar, etc. (see mine). Maybe you could (if you wanted) make the picture resize to fit the window. Plus, maybe soloist could be solo violinist so that the text and the little squares aren't the same length in order to give it more style.

These are all just suggestions. ;) I hope I'm not imposing things upon you. They're just ideas. ;)
If you feel like you have to do them now, just don't listen to me. :rolleyes: I just like helping out.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Originally posted by Quaverion2@Aug 1 2004, 05:26 PM
Maybe you could (if you wanted to) put a place for everyone's real names on their ID card.
[snapback]1005[/snapback]​
That sounds like a mod request for www.invisionize.com to get made! I know that IPB 2 comes with a custom profile field, but if you want to display that next to every post, that would require hacking up the topics.php and a nice SQL query, or skin template hack!

ok, when did I become so knowledgable about IPB.... <_<

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
With the personal name, I don't know. Actually I wouldn't want my real name in all forums displayed... But if you all want that, it could be managed, the question is how. Would be good to hear other opinions here around.

Plus, maybe soloist could be solo violinist so that the text and the little squares aren't the same length in order to give it more style.

These are all just suggestions. I hope I'm not imposing things upon you. They're just ideas.
If you feel like you have to do them now, just don't listen to me. I just like helping out.
Must it be a solo violinist :p maybe it is a pianist or somewhat, isn't it more neutral?

Thanks for your suggestions, they are always welcome. :)

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by daniel@Aug 2 2004, 04:52 AM
Must it be a solo violinist :p maybe it is a pianist or somewhat, isn't it more neutral?
[snapback]1040[/snapback]​
Maybe Solo Musician or something, since the name of the site is solo music. :)

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by max@Aug 2 2004, 08:04 PM
I don't know, I think soloist makes the most sense...
[snapback]1088[/snapback]​
Still, look at the soloist above the four squares, and then look at the 1st violin above the three squares. Which one do you think looks better?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.