Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 20 of 687 Posts

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I thought of another thread for a neglected area: the DVDs and blu-rays that are coming up.

I'm excited about this, about to be released on 6/14/11 - Lully's Armide, by William Christie and Les Arts Florissants, on blu-ray:

Reactions: metro845

·
5,821 Posts
Hey, I thought of another thread for a neglected area: the DVDs and blu-rays that are coming up.

I'm excited about this, about to be released on 6/14/11 - Lully's Armide, by William Christie and Les Arts Florissants, on blu-ray:

Yes I'm really looking forward to this one too!

I'm also planning to get this:

And I'm toying with the thought of the controversial "domestic abuse" Rusalka:

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've seen someone talking about Orff's operas. Who was it? Aramis? Superhorn? Herkku? Il Penseroso?

·
Registered
2,962 Posts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Handel, Agrippina (Venice, 1709) by the 24 year old.

René Jacobs, AKAMUS. Agrippina: Alexandrina Pendatchanska, soprano; Nerone: Jennifer Rivera, soprano; Poppea: Sunhae Im, soprano; Ottone: Bejun Mehta, countertenor; Narcisso: Dominique Visse, countertenor; Pallante: Neal Davies, baritone; Claudio: Marco Fink, bass; *****: Daniel Schmutzhard, baritone.

I will definitely be getting this, as Jacobs have done wonders with Handel's music, despite eccentric tempos at times and even re-orchestration. Performance wise, should be the usual standard but the staging appears a mixed bag, as it often is the case with a Handel production.

·
5,821 Posts
Handel, Agrippina (Venice, 1709) by the 24 year old.

René Jacobs, AKAMUS. Agrippina: Alexandrina Pendatchanska, soprano; Nerone: Jennifer Rivera, soprano; Poppea: Sunhae Im, soprano; Ottone: Bejun Mehta, countertenor; Narcisso: Dominique Visse, countertenor; Pallante: Neal Davies, baritone; Claudio: Marco Fink, bass; *****: Daniel Schmutzhard, baritone.

I will definitely be getting this, as Jacobs have done wonders with Handel's music, despite eccentric tempos at times and even re-orchestration.
Oh yes oh yeah oh yippee. I followed all this on Jennifer's Rivera's blog and she talked a lot about Jacobs' meticuluous attention to details.

Performance wise, should be the usual standard but the staging appears a mixed bag, as it often is the case with a Handel production.
OMG more on-stage simulated fellatio. It was also in the Paris Giulio Cesare. It makes me uncomfortable.

Never mind with this cast and conductor I'll still get it. Do you know when it's due for release, HC?

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Never mind with this cast and conductor I'll still get it. Do you know when it's due for release, HC?
Not sure. But you won't be the only one waiting with eager anticipation!

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Is it the fellatio or the simulated that bothers you? [Slaps own wrist. Withdraws question.]
Amfortas, I've never seen a case of a new member who fits right in this fast.
You're a great addition to the board, and you display the kind of humor that we love.:cheers:

1 - 20 of 687 Posts