Classical Music Forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
32,391 Posts
Thats nonenens, sorry. I live in Germany. And i have paid the Box via invoice. No problem. But you need an account and maybe you must live in germany. When you live abroad than maybe you can only pay via credit card or PayPal and so on. I don´t know...

Your Box will arrive in the next days. I´am sure. There are now many boxes in stock at JPC. No problem...
I do have a account an no I do not live in Germany , so I can not pay on Invoice, that's what I am try to tell others members then Germans , no offence. Customer from 1999. ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
OK, when you not live in germany i don´t know. Thats i have written..
I think it makes no sense to pay via invoice when you live abroad. But nevertheless JPC is a very trustworthy store. Everybody can order there without problems. Miles better than Amazon and so on. But as i have said JPC is not the cheapest store. Sometimes it makes sense to compare the prices with other stores. But the Szell Box is listet only at JPC. So you have no chance to compare. But the price is good.

·
Registered
32,391 Posts
OK, when you not live in germany i don´t know. Thats i have written..
I think it makes no sense to pay via invoice when you live abroad. But nevertheless JPC is a very trustworthy store. Everybody can order there without problems. Miles better than Amazon and so on. But as i have said JPC is not the cheapest store. Sometimes it makes sense to compare the prices with other stores. But the Szell Box is listet only at JPC. So you have no chance to compare. But the price is good.
In this case we agree, we just had a slight misunderstanding . :angel:

·
Registered
806 Posts
I have always been a great admirer of Szell. I just bought box set. Considering I have never seen the entire set for under $450 (currently a used "Very Good" Condition at Amazon), and I just bought this for $227 (INCLUDING shipping from Germany to USA!!!!) is an absolute steal! Can't wait to get it. THANK you for posting this. I had never even heard of JPC.

V

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
It will arrive on Monday!!! Now I just need to get my hands on Charles Munch (the big Sony box)!!!
Good luck on that one. I picked up all of the disks that were issued in SACD format, and a few others, but having the whole set would have been nice. But the asking price for it nowadays is extraordinary! I'd like to think that at some time these companies will re-issue these boxes for people who still want them. There are a lot of younger people who never had a chance! But maybe they're all into streaming anyway.

Reactions: Manxfeeder

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
I got the Szell box the first time around. I have seen some ridiculous prices on it and it's one of the few boxes I don't think I would part with unless someone offered me something outrageous...like $10,000. Definitely in my top 5 box sets ever released.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
So where do you get it? I'm on the fence on this...I have so many of the stereo recordings already, I'm not particularly fond of Mozart or Haydn...

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just ordered this from Grooves Inc. for $250 including shipping. I am so excited to get this because I missed out when it was first issued and am not so familiar with the Szell discography. (In general I really enjoy David Hurwitz's reviews and mostly agree with his judgments). I have the Sony boxes of Bruno Walter and Eugene Ormandy. Beautiful mastering and presentation. The Ormandy in particular is a revelation.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)
The Szell Box has the same presentation as the Ormandy Box. For me the Szell Box is the best classical Box Set ever. I love it. I have seen on JPC that the Box is now number 1 in their classic charts. It sold very quickly. And JPC is Miles better than Grooves Inc. I order many CD´s at JPC and i never had any problems. Payment in Germany is via invoice. So i have no risk.
I think when the JPC Boxes sold out, then the Box will be out of the market. So buy now or you get nothing.

Can everyone tell me, where i can see the Hurwitz review ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Oh thank you. Interesting Video. I agree fully with Mr. Hurwitz..

Now i have seen only four Boxes are left in stock at JPC. This Box sells so pretty well. Unbelievable....

·
Registered
806 Posts
I just received the Box set from Germany. Impeccably packaged. Flawless. Not looking forward to the time it will take to upload 106 CDs to my computer (I ALWAYS have to alter the information before uploading), but it is a labor of love. Will start listening to this box set shortly!

V

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Congratulation. You are one of the last who get the Box. Now it is sold out at JPC. They have sold so many in the last weeks. But now it is over...

21 - 40 of 61 Posts