Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't find a Verdi's Guestbook... Is it right? :confused:

(there are so much pages about composers guestbook that it is possible that I just didn't find it, Then I'm sorry :eek:)

I invite all the Verdi lovers to gather here.
And I'd like to share all my happiness with a great aria singed by a catalan like me.
Thanks Josep Carreras for your work for spread the Verdi's music, moltes gràcies (thank you in catalan)
Here "La mia letizia infondere" (I could instill my gladness) from I Lombardi

:tiphat:

Thanks Verdi, Thanks maestro. Grazie Peppino!

The next year is the 200 years Anniversary from his birth (and Wagner's also). We must to celebrate!!

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Thank you Hesoos for this thread & for the video, I love this DVD.

Verdi is my absolute favourite composer. For his politics, for his views on religion and, of course, for his music. I cannot imagine my life without his music & in 2010 I visited Milan and paid my respects at his tomb.

And it is because of Josep Carreras that I found opera & through him my love of Verdi. I knew nothing about opera until I read about this singer who had won his battle against leukaemia. His Foundation inspired me & I bought one of his CDs to 'help with the fundraising' ... and here I am today, a passionate opera fan!

I have visited the Foundation offices in Barcelona and this year I went to Seattle to see Attila & while I was there, I visited the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Centre where Carreras had his life saving bone marrow transplant.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How interesting!!
I've been to Milan once, but I didn't have much time to visit his tomb, what a pity.:cry:, I've visited the museum of La Scala anyway.
In the futur I'll go to Busseto and Le Roncole, I'd like to visit his House Museum (I have heard that there lives a ghost :eek:)
I didn't know that Carreras was in Seattle. Carreras is for me my best fellow countryman, as a person and as an artist.

·
Registered
8,398 Posts
Some people are ashamed to admit it that they like it .;)
And there is no reason for it. It's not even entirely 'light.' One just has to listen. Also, how can a composer who produced several operas of the caliber of Bizet's Carmen(one of the greatest of all time, and one to sway those who don't even like opera, yes Verdi wrote several 'like it'), and many more not significantly behind, not have any attention paid to his music on a classical music forum?

·
Registered
42,890 Posts
And there is no reason for it. It's not even entirely 'light.' One just has to listen. Also, how can a composer who produced several operas of the caliber of Bizet's Carmen(one of the greatest of all time, and one to sway those who don't even like opera, yes Verdi wrote several 'like it'), and many more not significantly behind, not have any attention paid to his music on a classical music forum?
I am with you all the way, I do have all his 'works, multi pull times ans I am not ashamed to say it .

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.