Classical Music Forum banner
81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Banned
74 Posts
Do you believe in a God that blesses some composers with massive amounts of talent, or is it all in nature/nurture?

I personally don't follow faith based thinking, but leave it open to the possibility of a god. So, my answer to my own question is, perhaps, but I'm not going to live my life believing so without scientific evidence.
Genius is "God given". It is rare. I'm not aware of any more than a handful of names from the past.

·
Registered
488 Posts
There is no God so the question as posed makes no sense. However, i am with posters who believe that people are born with different innate abilities inherited from their parents and their experience in life influences greatly how much of that innate talent they can utilize. Hard work and genetic predisposition are the two key ingredients.
God has endowed mankind in general with the ability to make music, music itself coming from God, but I agree that we inherit abilities from our parents, then it is a matter of work and cultivation.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.