Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
I saw it once, the one with Pavarotti.
It was horrible! I hate it! I'm certainly not a fan of Verdi! :angry:
I don't like the exotic costumes also. The whole desert thing just doesn't work for me! :angry:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Originally posted by DW@Jul 28 2004, 10:24 PM
I saw it once, the one with Pavarotti.
It was horrible! I hate it! I'm certainly not a fan of Verdi! :angry:
I don't like the exotic costumes also. The whole desert thing just doesn't work for me! :angry:
[snapback]729[/snapback]​
You saw it with Pavarotti! I was so upset when he retired. I'm finally old enough that I can afford to go see him if he comes anywhere even remotely near the midwest and he went and retired. I love operas. Big music, big costumes, big singers ;) (Pavarotti,) bad plots! I would have loved to see that performance.

·
Registered
333 Posts
War Memorial Opera House, San Francisco, 1981.
I think I was 5 then. I went with my Aunt. She loved it, but definately not me! :( And my opinion's still the same after 20 over years.
U can still see it occassionally on TVs. They had it digitally remastered.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Originally posted by daniel@Jul 29 2004, 01:56 PM
I wasn't mature enough long to go into opera. It took me rather a long time! With singing in generally i came in contact or better say i got love it really late, i am still exploring :rolleyes:
[snapback]764[/snapback]​
I was in love with classical music from the time I was born to about 7. I listened to it 24/7 (my first opera was at Shea's; the Nutcracker.) Then I hated it and thought it was dorky. I liked rap/hip hop. I have NO IDEA what I was thinking. I got back into classical/jazz at 16. B)

·
Registered
333 Posts
I was in love with classical music from the time I was born to about 7. I listened to it 24/7 (my first opera was at Shea's; the Nutcracker.) Then I hated it and thought it was dorky. I liked rap/hip hop. I have NO IDEA what I was thinking. I got back into classical/jazz at 16.
Interesting journey! :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.